Go to footer

Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Re: Zuru 5 Surprise Mini Brands *and other small stuff

Postby Kattriella » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:04 am

I've found some really cute minis at 5 Below before, too.
Last edited by Kattriella on Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Just found Series 2 Mini Brands (the gold ball) at Dollar General in their summer toy section! I'm so excited, I completely missed Series 2 because they dropped when I was still avoiding going out as much as possible. I'll post pics of my haul when I get home from town.

A good tip for anyone who missed something on one of the previous series: ALWAYS check the seasonal toy sections at Dollar General. DG gets old stock that either didn't sell or was still at the warehouse when a new series released before it all shipped out. They're usually a few cents more (around $7 instead of $6.97 because DG rounds up or down to the nearest dollar, usually), but if you're missing something from a previous series, it's a good place to check. Same with LOL Surprise dolls, especially around Christmas.

Oh, also! Saturdays have a $5 off of a $25 or more purchase, so those are especially good days to check.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:26 pm

Here's my haul, y'all!

Reini is very excited for all the Lunchables. Girl loves her Lunchables.
Kattriella

Postby maywong » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:06 pm

Congarts on getting them.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:36 pm

maywong wrote:Congarts on getting them.

I'm REALLY tempted to get more of them, but I finally have my workshop organized and am ready to get the tools I need to start my woodworking, so . . . I think I'll just pick up the few o really want from eBay.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:36 am

I only got like 2 of that round, pretty sure I have cheese slices but I don't think I got any Lunchables. We ate so many of those, but the cheaper knock off brands, on the road.

A goal with the non Wacky dollhouse food has been mini versions of stuff I eat and like. Where as with the miniature stationary I seem to be going after big versions, lol.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:05 pm

DollyKim wrote:I only got like 2 of that round, pretty sure I have cheese slices but I don't think I got any Lunchables. We ate so many of those, but the cheaper knock off brands, on the road.

A goal with the non Wacky dollhouse food has been mini versions of stuff I eat and like. Where as with the miniature stationary I seem to be going after big versions, lol.

I noticed a lot of the stuff from series 2 is also in series 3, like the Kraft cheese slices and the Lunchables.
Kattriella

Postby Kattriella » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:22 pm

I found a new use for all those empty 5 Surprise balls: Put a pinch of catnip inside each of the segments and roll it over to the cats. One of my cats rubbed her face on it for 20 minutes last night before she and the ball fell off the coffee table.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:12 am

Check near the cash registers at Five Below for packets of individual 5 Surprise things. You can feel the basic shape of the item so you can make an educated guess what's inside, like if you need something in a box or canister shaped.

Target has the series 3 Wacky Packages with their trading cards.

Box stores are busting with all sorts of surprise balls for Easter baskets.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:57 am

Found the tiny toys, in the rectangle container, and Wacky Packages 3 at a Walmart but in the aisle of the cashier that's always open and hiding in the bottom of the shelf.

Got yet another Lite Brite, one in every package, and Hot Wheels along with a Power Ranger and Tinker Toys that were on top. 5th thing slips my mind. Unless I see a Barbie on top or one or two other specific toys I'm not too keen on buying more.

Target tends to keep theirs wherever they keep Magic the Gathering cards, by the cash registers or back in electronics. Some Zuru stuff ends up there and some in toys.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys