Go to footer

Knitted and crocheted critters

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Knitted and crocheted critters

Postby DollyKim » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Knit your own dog http://www.amazon.com/Knit-Your-Own-Eas ... =8-1-spell Aside from being OMFG cute when done on the given size 2 needles they come out 1/6 scale. Bigger gage=bigger goggie.

Working on a pooch on size 8, the only thing I have double pointed ones for right now, pics when it's done.
Last edited by DollyKim on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Knitted critters

Postby DollyKim » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:58 am

Half a dog. Mine is on size 8 needles, the only double points at hand for the tail. Goes rather fast, clear directions although knowing how to knit and such will help. The shaping is all increases, knit/purl together, and bind off so nothing too complicated. I figure if I was doing it on size 2 as suggested I could get one out while watching a couple of movies.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Cool! Keep us updated. I'm eager to see how s/he turns out.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Knit Your Own Derp :lol:
Well, I don't knit all that much and am happy I can read the diagrams in the first place. The next attempt will be smaller. At least it kind of looks like a dog.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Haha I think it's cute. A lot better than anything I could do.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:15 pm

That's so cool! Keep up the good work :D
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby DollyKim » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 am

Snuffleupagus hat, more of a headband with a snuffle and tail, but it's warm and silly!

I mixed Lion Fun Fur in Chocolate with Sensations Beautiful in brown and used a size J hook. I only had 2 skeins of each color but would suggest 3. I had to split between the tail and snuffle and they just barely wrap around my neck but i can let them hang without getting in my way.

For the headband measure your head, or just make a foundation chain, that fits snug enough not to fall down over your face. Keep crocheting in a circle until you run out of yarn. The Snuffle and tail go where your ears are, roughly opposite each other on the headband. Start a scarf wide enough to go over your ears on the edge of the head band and crochet until you're out of yarn.

The eyes are regular black and white yarn crocheted in a circle, a couple rows of each. Black eyelashes are optional.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Knitted and crocheted critters

Postby DollyKim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 am

Yip yip yip yip yip yip The directions http://www.wikihow.com/Crochet-a-Yip-Yip-Alien I made less tentacles and chained simple eyes out of crochet thread.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys