Go to footer

Unhappy Meal Liv dolls

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Unhappy Meal Liv dolls

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Big disappointment with them http://dolfielittles.typepad.com/blog/2 ... dolls.html clothes don't come off, and the hat and hair won't come off.

I'm waiting for the heads, they look to be Barbie size maybe, seemed smaller than normal heads, but possibly hopeful for transplants so if you get one please share.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Unhappy Meal Liv dolls

Postby kittyasauras » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 pm

I figured that they'd be like the mini-barbies McD's had when I was a kid.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Are the eyes at least like full sized Liv eyes?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 pm

The eyes are not full sized, and the one that Gift got the hat was stuck on as well.

A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby quidam » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:23 pm

I got one for my little sister yesterday. While not the most thrilling doll in the world, they are leaps and bounds beyond the Happy Meal Barbies of my youth. I was shocked that she had real hair!

Kids today are sooooo spoiled......they should be happy with a 0 articulation, completely molded Barbie that they had to walk 2 miles uphill through the snow to get.
*waves cane menacingly at the imaginary children*
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:05 pm

AlmySidaKay wrote:The eyes are not full sized, and the one that Gift got the hat was stuck on as well.

I didn't mean the same size of course. I just meant did they have inset eyes or were they just painted on. If they have inset eyes it might be worth it to acquire one just to harvest the eyes.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't think they're too bad. It gives girls enough entertainment during their meal and maybe the ride home which is what they're made for.
I can just see McDonald's give angry letters "Dear McD, I am completely unsatisfied with your Liv toys. They need to have 10 billion joints and real hair from lamas.
Thank you, awkward doll owner."

Wardah wrote:
AlmySidaKay wrote:The eyes are not full sized, and the one that Gift got the hat was stuck on as well.

I didn't mean the same size of course. I just meant did they have inset eyes or were they just painted on. If they have inset eyes it might be worth it to acquire one just to harvest the eyes.

Kind-of....The pupils are like beads and the rest of the eye is painted.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:42 am

I never meant kids wouldn't like them, my disappointment comes from not being able to make useful Mini Mes for my big Livs. If the hat came off I'd be more content because I could put the head on something else. It does look like someone who knew what they were doing could cut off the 'wig cap' the hair and hat are attached to along the seam and get in to the head to mess with the eyes and easily make repairs.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the styling heads can be put to what I want. And check Wal Mart McDs, ours has cheap Happy Meals on weekends.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

I think they missed an opportunity with these. Even if the hair was attached to the hats, if they had swappable wigs they would be so much more "Liv". As they stand the only similarity they have with their full sized brethren is they are the same characters.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 am

I got one of the heads the other day, Sophie the blond. The hair part is rubber and the rest is plastic. Looks like you could remove the head from the neck too.

@Dolly Kim: Sorry if you feel that my "Dear McD" comment was aimed at you. I was just trying point out that there's nothing really Liv about those toys. :I
Last edited by Gift_in_Edge on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys