Go to footer

Plastic crack collectors anonymous

Raise your hand if you have action figures, movie based toys, model tanks etc... Yea, this place is for you!

Plastic crack collectors anonymous

Postby DollyKim » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Setting up the dollhouse, which is now serving breakfast, photographing the stock pile as I go. Anyone else have Re Ment? Remember when they used to make cool stuff your dolls wanted to eat?

The big thing is I'm trying to figure out how to display the better part of it. I need a second dollhouse...
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Plastic crack collectors anonymous

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 pm

That is TOO COOL! Look at all that good stuff. Nowadays all they have is Japanese foods... which is great an' all, but I'm in America and we don't have Japanese food everyday!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Linteia » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 pm

I don't own any (sadly) but I am rabidly obsessed with Re Ment and that type of detailed miniature. That's actually one of the things that first got me interested in ABJDs. Now I have BJDs and no Re Ment. XD
Linteia
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:53 am

I have some Megahouse stuff I gotten from a sale. Stock up on ice cream and dessert. My 1/6ers can finally stop complaining, unless its about sharing with the 1/12 crew of action figures and figmas

Haven't got around to take pics though, cleaning up my house
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:45 am

Dark Angel wrote:That is TOO COOL! Look at all that good stuff. Nowadays all they have is Japanese foods... which is great an' all, but I'm in America and we don't have Japanese food everyday!

And Disney themed stuff :/ At the way they keep putting out sushi they'll hopefully make more 'foreign food'. I'd still like to get the desk.

This is one of the two American sets when they tried to break wide over here but there was no marketing and whomever designed the site missed the boat so much they turned to collectors for pictures. Imagine a happy mother and daughter playing with the tiny food and cooing over how cute it is as opposed to what most of us do with it.

Now from a collector's POV some of the pieces are 'melting'. When storing wrap anything squishy in tissue, don't let the dolls hold it for long. Anything with red paint might stick as well. I've got quite a bit I've had to gently pry apart, like spoons stuck to rice or sushi stuck to plates, leaving marks and bits of paint behind. Some day I may need to turn the corner and repaint some of it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 am

I have a quite a bit. i love my tiny toaster and waffle iron.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:58 am

Those are awesome >_<

My dolliehs don't have anything to eat except a mushroom and some carrots. (Well ,there is a cupcake, but we only bring that out on special occasions. >_> And two of them are vampires so they only "eat" blood...)
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Even with all that there's still some stuff I'd like, such as a jar of Marmite, a cheeseburger in a can, or the canned Russian fish with the teeth in it. I have a bottle of Engrish Jack Daniels but I'd like more for Jimmy.

Then there's all the photoshopped foods from Something Awful like Boatmeal and Jimbo's Creamed Corn my dolls would want.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby quidam » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

I've fallen in love with Re Ment. So far all I have are a small handful of sweets. They look slightly out of place with my doll family, where the all of the adults are in the MSD range. Yet it hasn't stopped me from purchasing cute little cream puffs and fancy mousse for them to munch on.

I have the absolute cutest little birthday cake you've ever seen. I'm too lazy to take a picture right now, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 am

Aha! The company Orcara is stepping up to the regular foods plate. I haven't bought any yet to see how they compare but they are more reasonably priced when new. There's also T for Candy.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other Toys