Go to footer

Can you make (or buy) 25cm males? (around that size)

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Re: Can you make (or buy) 25cm males? (around that size)

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Nekkie Deuce at the bottom of the page http://dolfielittles.com/monsters.html He's the first body so he doesn't have wrists.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:18 pm

~TurkishDelight~ wrote:Thank you, all these pics and info are really helpful. I still wish someone would make a 25cm, though. There seems to be a demand for one. And other skin tones, too. I wish they'd realize that not all of their customers are in Japan, and want different things. Diversity is good. :|

Does anyone have a pic of the MH guy body without clothes?

I wish there was a way for non-Japanese customers to give imput on this kind of stuff.They won't make it if they don't think they can sell enough to make it worth their while but it would be nice to let them know someone would buy it. The options for darker, jointed anime-style bodies are kind of limited. Volks Tan was kind of pale, orange-toned and is now gone, no idea where you'd get a Volks Tomoko these days (Edit: Volks USA has them. Ahahah. Oops ^^;) and their Century Model Edith is a little pricey for a doll whose stock is apparently poor quality. :( (EDIT: There's also darker Momokos. Forgot about those)

The lack of a 25cm Obitsu boy just confuses me, though, because when I was looking for Volks Goh body info on Google.jp a NUMBER of Japanese blogs mentioned being sad it didn't exist yet. The 11cm and dog bodies are cool but I'm surprised they were made first.
Lon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Volks tan in the EB line is actually a nice natural skin tone, http://dolfielittles.typepad.com/.a/6a0 ... 970c-800wi it's not the same as the Guy color for the Gohs.

Power Team Elite and some Pocahontas dolls come in color, so does the SiS line from Barbie.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Lon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 pm

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/jltraut/Dolls%2001/tan-marrone-guy.jpg
^ That's what I meant by "orange". It's not terrible or anything but you can see the difference between it and the Marrone. Some customizers feel that the Obitsus were more natural looking.

Mmhmm! There's more darker bodies out there with joints if you aren't looking for something anime-y. Power Team Elite, but really any action figure brand will probably have some darker male bodies. Hot Toys even has an African American True-Type Slim available for a less beefy guy. CY Girls and other figures have beefier woman, Barbie Fashionistas have the "Artsy" doll. Lke you said, there's Pocahontas. Did the Disney Store ever make a full switch to jointed legs? There would be Tiana as well. Not a lot of SiS come by this way so I don't know if they ever used the full Fashionista body. They totally should of if not.
Lon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:54 am

That pic really doesn't represent the colors right and the flash isn't helping. In natural light my tan doesn't look that close to the Guy Goh who definitely looks orange.

The SiS girls I have all have click knees (regular Barbie legs with high heel feet) and some have wrists. Mattel AA come roughly in 3 colors- light which matches Artsy, medium which matches Tiana, and a dark which is like chocolate. The PE guys are about a medium and just bigger than a Ken. Hot Toys True Types, even a slim, are bound to be massive like Sideshow and Triad Omega guys. Mine share a pattern size. I have an Asian who has a slightly tan skin tone.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks