Go to footer

Can you make (or buy) 25cm males? (around that size)

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Can you make (or buy) 25cm males? (around that size)

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Is there any way to make a 25cm male? Or is there anyone that sells them? :?:
I need a male doll that's smaller that New-EB-C (28.5cm), but taller than EB-Mini F (22cm). :ugeek:
currently fighting cancer. please forgive my chemo-brain. ^^
my 1/6 dollieh Wishlist & 4Sale/Trade list~ :P
~TurkishDelight~
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Can you make (or buy) 25cm males? (around that size)

Postby Pandor » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Alas, not yet. I know I've been pining for a more teenager sized boy body since the 25cm girl obitsu came out.
Meanwhile I've been using the "basic" (ie: jointed wrist) Jackson Jekyll Monster High body (matches normal skin obitsu heads) for my male dolls that are supposed to be teenaged, since although it's the same size as the old-style slim male obitsu (which is about the same height as ye olde 27cm lady 'bitsu) it's sculpted nicer and looks more youthful. And next to a Neo-Goh or a new-style Slim Male, the JJ MH body looks a lot smaller.
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks for the tip! Hmm, Jackson Jekyll from Monster High. Anyone have pics to compare a MH guy to dolls I have? I currently have:

Neo-EB-Goh
EB-Mini F
New EB-C
New EB-N

Or a picture by a Barbie would be okay too. I don't have any Monster High dolls, so I'd love to see the body, it could be what I need for my character. He's a pretty small and scrawny teen. :D

And I'm wondering now, do the Monster High boys match any other 1:6 head skin colors of Volks or Obitsu? :?:
~TurkishDelight~

Postby Pandor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 am

Here's my NDR/MH hybrid next to one of my Gohs:
I just remembered I have an EB-N as well. Give me a minute and I'll take a shot of the three of them together. And let me know if there're any other comparisons you'd like to see. It's too dark for skin tone comparisons right now, but maybe tomorrow.

As for skin colors that match MH, so far there are only three MH boys that have "normal" skin colors (ie: not blue or purple)...
-Jackson Jekyll will match Obitsu/Volks 'normal' (as I said previously) as well as NDR 'pale' (though NDR heads are somewhat rare now-a-days) The Gloom Beach version of Jackson does not have jointed wrists.
-Deuce Gorgon is a darker, peachier caucasian color that I didn't think had any matches, but I just held my "guy" colored Goh head up to his chest and it looks like that could be a close match. The downside is I don't think Mattel has released a jointed-wrists Deuce yet, which is a huge turn off for me. Hopefully soon, though?
-Clawd Wolf I don't have, but he looks to be much darker than Obitsu's Maroone or Coconut skin colors. He seems more "Generic Mattel AA" colored, which is definitely good news for a bunch of characters I want to make, though that means dying or thoroughly blushing a head to match. So far only the "Sweet 1600" version of Clawd has jointed wrists.
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:06 am

Okay, here are a couple more:
Goh, EB-N, MH

Goh, MH, EB-N
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 am

Obitsu SERIOUSLY needs to fill the gaps. The chances that Volks will bring back the EBs is getting slimmer and slimmer NOBODY really makes anything like the EB-C or N any more. :( Obitsu would be the only game in town and they need to seize that.
Lon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm

TRUTH. They need to make Maroone a standard color, too. (And make it darker while they're at it.)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Jackson head on a "natural tone" Neo Goh. The default neck peg will not hold the head on, so you'll need to rig it some other way. I used epoxy putty to wad around the existing peg.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Lon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Pandor wrote:TRUTH. They need to make Maroone a standard color, too. (And make it darker while they're at it.)

The Coconut color seems to be darker. Maybe that one?
http://kuzeycreations.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/obitsu-coconut/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rieckie/3096191297/in/photostream
One site said they no longer made them because tan skin was out of fashion with the Japanese :( It's a shame. It would be nice if even the 27cm hard bust body was available in that color as a regular thing. Having all bodies available at all times would be awsome but even if they were to have just had a single style in each size that would be a major boost.
Lon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ~TurkishDelight~ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Thank you, all these pics and info are really helpful. I still wish someone would make a 25cm, though. There seems to be a demand for one. And other skin tones, too. I wish they'd realize that not all of their customers are in Japan, and want different things. Diversity is good. :|

Does anyone have a pic of the MH guy body without clothes?
~TurkishDelight~

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks