Go to footer

Wiring tips?

You did WHAT? WHERE?? HOW??? Share the knowledge or explain once again why we use chalk pastels and not oils.

Wiring tips?

Postby DollyKim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 am

I think I'm going to have to wire a couple of my home made dolls 1/6 to get them on their feet. It's not a stringing or sueding problem, the knees and hips don't lock.

Is there a specific type of wire I should look for or just stick pipe cleaners in them?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Wiring tips?

Postby Dirili » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:35 am

I'd say to use armature wire. You can find some on Amazon, but I've read that those are actually not the best prices, so shopping around could save you some money.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Wiring tips?

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:22 am

A great wire to use is the stiff thin white electrical wire at Lowe's or Home Depot that you purchase by the foot. It's pretty inexpensive (about $.60-.80 a foot) and works wonderfully! I've wired all my BJD with it and it never fails. Also have used it to make giant wings for cosplay. (I've used it making even 7' wingspan, and it stands up without being too heavy!)

I've forgotten the size/name of it, but it's approx 1/8 thick, usually white covered (at least I try to get the white which is so much nicer to hide in wings than darker colors) and VERY stiff. It's not floppy at all.

Good luck!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to Tips & Tricks