Go to footer

Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)|New! 12/04!!

Tales of love, death and more angst than you can shake a stick at - plus some comedy thrown in for good measure.

Re: Adventures in Azeroth (WoW themed)

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:51 am

Wonderful story and photos! Elf woman's armor looks so cool.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby she_flame » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks, Gift_in_Edge! ^^

--

Part Three: "Healing"

It turned out that there were no bears in the cave - Bruin or any others. But there was a stock of dry firewood, and some dried fruits. Quickly the elf woman lit a campfire, offering a handful of fruits to Chandira.

"This is… quite nice", Chandira said. "For a bear’s cave, anyway."

"My brother used to come here. Bruin was his companion", elf spoke quietly. "They often wintered here, both of them."

Chandira looked the elf. Sadness and loss in her voice were clear. Silence fell between them.

"Er, I think we should introduce ourselves, right?" Chandira said, breaking the brooding feeling in the air. "My name is Chandira, and it really is nice to meet you."

Elf looked surprised at Chandira, but answered. “I am called Shalunia Moonshadow.”

"Shalunia" Chandira asked, "would you mind if I’d look at your injured leg?"

"What do you know about injuries? You do not look like you would had any - ever."

Chandira shook her head. “I haven’t been injured, but I am a draenei - we have minor healing powers, gifted to us all by the Naaru.” As Shalunia didn’t look more convinced, Chandira continued. “I also have had some basic training in dressing wounds, as I was Anchorite novice before-” she stopped.

"Your Crystal Palace-" Shalunia spoke.

"Dimension Ship, Exodar is a dimension ship" Chandira corrected. "But yes. Before we Draenei came in to this world." Chandira felt it was too soon to speak about it.

"So, do you trust me to take a look?"

Shalunia shrugged. “You can’t make it any worse, look as much you want.”

With practised ease the elf undid the clasps and ties of the left thigh piece, and Chandira scooted closer.

"I have to take the bandage off", she warned. Amount of blood in the bandages told how bad the wound had been.

"I think my fall just reopened it", Shalunia said. "It was healing fine."

With tender fingers Chandira took the bandages off.

"You are right. It has been healing well until recently."

Chandira laid her hands on top the wound and closed her eyes, and concentrated to release her natural healing powers.

"It- This feels warm", Shalunia said.

"Shush, now."

Some moments later Chandira opened her eyes, and examined the wound. The magic seemed to done it’s work.

"I’ve done what I can. The wound is not bleeding anymore, and it will heal quickly, if you don’t put strain on it."

"It feels better", Shalunia said as she rose up. "There is no pain anymore."

Chandira nodded. “Taking the pain away is the easiest part. I just hope that I could had mended it fully. You should try carefully if you can stand on it.”

Shalunia stood up, testing the leg.

"It’s fine. Takes my weight well." She looked at Chandira. "You have valuable gift in your hands."

I thank you, Chandira of Exodar."

"No need to thank me, I just did what anyone would do." Chandira smiled as she shifted back to other side of the campfire.

Yawning she laid back, and wrapped her coat around herself.

"The healing always makes me tired", she explained, feeling sleep taking over.

Shalunia hmm’ed, securing the piece of armor back to her thigh. “You should sleep then.”

And Chandira did. She fell asleep soon, feeling safe under the watchful eyes of the Night elf.

--
TBC
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:59 pm

she_flame wrote:Thanks you both! <3 I'll continue story as soon as I can. (Have to think some plot, and get some props and such.)

And, britbrat18, I can but there links that explain more obscure things, if you like. And night elf's armor is made of (mostly) from paper. ^^ I can explain the technique on tutorials or somewhere.

That's made of paper? That is so cool! It doesn't look anything like paper, I'd love to see tutorial if you ever get a chance to do one. Loved the recent chapter, you pose them so well!
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:13 pm

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

I'm in love with their costuming. Very nicely done. I had a Draenei but sold her. Now I wish I didn't. /sadface
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby she_flame » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:17 am

Trethowan, funny enough, I was Horde player on my active gaming days. :D
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby jemlovecraft » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:09 am

Ahhh! This is fantastic. It really feels like Azeroth. :D

I've been playing since vanilla, and I'm hoping to shell my long-time Night Elf Druid eventually. You have to post the instructions for that armor.

I honestly think Horde players are a lot nicer than Alliance players, in general, but I'm more likely to play a Night than Blood Elf.
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby she_flame » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 am

Jemlovecraft, thanks! Always good to know that my story has real (azerothian) feel.

And I have posted instructions for the armor. They are here.

Also, good luck with shelling your druid! Inform me when/if it happens, as I'm inrterested to see other WoW themed dolls!
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Horde players always seem more serious. And they always mop the floor with us. I just enjoyed the Alliance aesthetics more so I gravitated toward those characters. I started playing about four years ago, off and on. I haven't played in over a year though. Too busy "IRL" these days.

There is a thread on DoA dedicated to WoW dolls. There are some gorgeous works there, one in particular was a BELF complete with the bright green eyes and fluffy eyebrows. It was pretty sweet.
Trethowan

Postby she_flame » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 am

There might be lots of typos. ^^;

---

Part four: Memories and promises

Chandira dreamed about safeness - her home and family on Draenor, the comforting and powerful precence of Naaru at Exodar, and gentle hands stroking her hair.

She woke up, campfire gone cold, but bright sunlight litting the cave. Elf’s - Shalunia’s - fur was draped over Chandira, but woman herself is not on sight.

"Hello?", Chandira called. "Shalunia? Are you there?"

There was no reply, and Chandira started to get up. “She would not just leave”, she told herself. She would be all alone again, if the elf had abandonned her.

"Aren’t you a noisy one", Shalunia’s soft voice interrupted her growing panic.

"Shalunia!"

Elf came closer, wiping most of snow off her boots. “I did some scouting around. I thought there was odd noise before sunrise, but I couldn’t find anything”, she explained.

"The weather is starting to warm up, it will be nice day to travel", she said.

"I’ll pack while you eat the rest dried fruits", Shalunia told, sitting besides Chandira, tossing the mentioned food to her lap.

"You are really going to help me? Even if you do not know anything yet…"

"I know enough. You need help to survive, and without your healing hands I would have been orc food soon."

"So, eat and then we are going to be on our way to Astranaar."

"To Astranaar?" Chandira frowned. "But I was coming from there, I should be going to Forest Song camp." She tried not to sound petulant.

Shalunia raised her brows. “Why do you need to go there? It’s just a small camp near old ruins of my people.”

Chandira was silent a while, looking at her hands. “I need to deliver a message-” she began.

"The message!" she realized. "The message to Anchorite Buurq!"

She hasn’t seen it after she’d fled from the ambush. The message might be lost on somewhere on the woods.

"What message you are talking about? Is it the reason you have been wandering alone?" Shalunia pressed, annoyed.

"Hey, answer me, girl!"

Chandira didn’t answer.

She ignored Shalunia, and franticly began to search through her meager belongings. Chandira remembered she had had the scroll, and she had put it inside of her coat.

"It has to be somewhere here! I cannot have lost it!" she cried. And as her fingers finally found the sturdy scroll of paper, tears nearly filled her eyes.

"Is that it?" Shalunia scoffed, looking the scroll. Chandira nodded quickly. "I- I feared I’d lost it."

Shalunia barked a laugh. “That became very clear.”

"I-", Chandira tried. "Vyenna - my mentor - she told me to take this to Forest Song. And she- she-" Chandira turned her face away, and let the tears fall. She could feel Shalunia’s eyes on her, but the elf stayed silent.

"She, Vyenna. She took care of me. After I lost my family on Draenor, and Vyenna… She saw something in me and promised to teach me, or find some anchorite to be my teacher if I still wanted to be one."

Chandira took deep breath, and looked the scroll in her hands. “And the orcs attacked, and she gave this to me, and told to carry it to Forest Song. It was last thing she said to me.” Chandira felt the words rush out, and a bout of fresh tears after them.

After Chandira had cried a moment, Shalunia spoke again.

"Listen, I can see that delivering this letter is important to you, but clearly it’s not urgent. If it was, you would not be carrying it by foot. It would have been carried by Hippogryff rider, or maybe some mage would have dropped it off." Shalunia’s voice was soft, but Chandira could not look at her.

"We are now much closer to Astranaar than Forest Song camp, and I have news to report to my Commander - and I am in a hurry", elf continued.

"What about me, and this?" Chandira asked quietly, turning the scroll in her hands.

"After I have reported to Raene Wolfrunner, I promise, I’ll see that you will get that message to Forest Song."

"Really?" Chandira glanced hopefully at the elf. "You would really do it yourself, and not just push me on some one else?"

"Yes, Chandira of Exodar. I will promise that."

Chandira smiled - slow and shy, and Shalunia smiled too.

---
TBC
And huge thanks for everyone who has read this! <3
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby Trethowan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 pm

It might be better if each part is a separate thread, numbered in the title. With the thread comments stuck in between each installment I had no idea there were updates here until just now, I just thought my machine was unusually slow at loading images. ha. Just food for thought. (wonder where that phrase came from?)
Trethowan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Photostory Zone