Go to footer

First Ever DS Sew-Along!

They're too sexy for their clothing - but they have to wear them anyway! Did you buy it? Did you make it? Who cares - let'm strut their stuff here!

Re: First Ever DS Sew-Along!

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Jobee, love the idea of that - can't wait to see the start. And dont worry about a big bite - I did the same myself LOL.

No progress photos of mine yet because my first muslin turned out big enough siamese twin obitsu to wear it! Fortunately all the major alterations need to be done to the side panes only so I'm hoping a night with my Adobe Illustrator will make the proper adjustments. Also no photos because I ended up using a scrap of floral fabric that Josephine describes as "granny fabric" so she doesn't want to be seen in it LOL
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Sharing this, since this thread made me do it. Essentially the same thing I made for Megu-Chun except for that rolled up bit of bodice there. Haven't got the back done yet
I think I managed to get the sundress effect

Version 2's bodice usually looks like this
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Ok, so I do have a pattern and a bucket load of fabric. I'm not really sure what would look best. What do you guys think? I was planning on a pale lavender and cream combo.

If I join the Sew-Along then perhaps I'll have more incentive for this project. I need one final dress for Foster's wife, the could-be-Queen of Eolande, a darling lady of the court currently headless and without a face. I'm working on it, really I am. :-p I think I'll add her in a photostory. Maybe the evil Regent Fee has her locked in a tower! Bahaha...

Oh, and the other one is a proper court outfit for Foster. I want to sew him something princely.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Jobee - that sounds a great idea - I think the style of that dress will look good on her :) (As well as the rest of the lolita outfit)

Greyhaunt - Granny fabric? Love it!

Iwa-hoshi - you've definitely nailed the sundress look. I love that dress.

Trethowan - cream and lavender would work nicely for Foster's outfit ;) Seriously, the dress would look lovely in those colours, with maybe a few richer accents?

I've made no progress on mine at all mostly due to a lower back injury not letting me sit comfortably at my sewing machine. It's on the mend now so I'm hoping to get sewing this weekend. I've even found some thin satin backed coutil type fabric to line the corset with :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:24 pm

ShortNCuddlyAm

Thanks. I would love to downsize that dress for my 1/6 ladies. But pleats are evil at that scale :lol:

Trethowan
I like to see lavender.
Somehow the comment of being headless made me lol on account of the time period that dress looks to be from.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:ShortNCuddlyAm

Thanks. I would love to downsize that dress for my 1/6 ladies. But pleats are evil at that scale :lol:

Trethowan
I like to see lavender.
Somehow the comment of being headless made me lol on account of the time period that dress looks to be from.

AHAHAHA... SO TRUE! Let them eat cake!
Trethowan

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 am

Things have been so chaotic that this "challange" has been left by the wayside. I hope life settles down enough for me to give it a go.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby richila » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:23 am

I found a free MSD Lolita pattern.
http://doll-candy.com/downloads.html
Still haven't even cut a test pattern. :oops:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby ShadowKat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:41 pm

richila wrote:I found a free MSD Lolita pattern.
http://doll-candy.com/downloads.html
Still haven't even cut a test pattern. :oops:

I like that pattern. I made a test bodice but it swallowed my RS girl whole. I'm still unsure if I printed it too big or if it's just made for the non-slim MSDs. I ended up reducing it down by 1/4-1/3 all the way around (the actual pieces I had cut out, not the pattern) with some tweaks here and there and it came out fairly decently. I just never finished the dress.
ShadowKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Finally finished my last Halloween dress. It's the one on the left in this picture.
I think the material for the skirt was a little too stiff so next time I use that pattern, I'll try to find something softer. I had made the bodice of the outfit on the right last year, but never finished a skirt for it so I bought a toddler tutu for cheap from Wally World and snipped out a section for the skirt. I even used the same elastic waist for it. Great time saver!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Fashionista Revolution