Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby embyquinn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:41 am

Sock sweater tutorial is live!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12928
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:53 am

I want to make a Shezow costume for my Creatable World doll. They're perfect for Guy/Shezow.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Janeway » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:01 pm

I started to get into felting and l am liking it. I am also crocheting hats for the new Otohime bjd.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:15 pm

Currently cataloging every fashion doll sized pattern I can find online, with hopes to someday own as many of them as possible to preserve for future generations.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 pm

I am shooting my dolls with my first film camera from 30 odd years ago. I'm not sure how things works out. Technology sure came a long way what with phone camera now. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:12 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I am shooting my dolls with my first film camera from 30 odd years ago. I'm not sure how things works out. Technology sure came a long way what with phone camera now. :lol:

That sounds really cool.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:27 pm

Working on trying to get rid of leg stains on the LE Anna doll I'd like to sell. She had on purple tights and they stained her legs from the knee on down very badly. I'm using zit cream/sunlight for now but it doesn't seem to be working very well. I have read it can take up to a month tho and it's only been a week. I'm refreshing the cream today and putting her under the grow light with the plants in hopes it will help. We are only just getting our sunlight back up here in the frozen north! Worse comes to worse, I reduce her price and try to sell as is.

Also, I've started to make a 'doll encyclopedia' of my collection. That way, if anything happens to me, my kid/spouse will know what is what, how much I paid for it and what it is likely worth. I can't believe I have this many dolls LOL! I keep remembering another one to add to my list as I'm working on pages.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu May 07, 2020 5:39 pm

I bought the new live action LE Mulan doll from Disney and I'm in the process of making her into an Agent May from SHIELD. I kept looking at her and thinking about how neat it would be to have a May doll and then someone on my DisneyLE FB page mentioned how much she looked more like Ming-Na than Yifei Liu who played the Live Action Mulan and it sealed it for me. So here is how May looks so far with her hair washed and in civvies.
ImageMay2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

This is the leather vest I'm going to make. I might make the tee under attached instead of separate. Not sure how I'm going to do the SHIELD logo on the shoulder yet.
ImageAgents-of-Shield by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
It's killing me that I have to cut her hair tho. It's so pretty with all the crunchy washed out.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Fri May 08, 2020 5:14 am

You don't have to cut it if you don't want to. She's still recognizable and I'm sure her hair changes length in the comics.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Peach doll is my own pattern, compared to the Annie's Attic crochet Barbie for comparison. I seriously have no idea how my brain figured this out. It has taken me all week just to get the body 1/6 scale.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!