Go to footer

Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Projects: In Progess or Ideas? What'choo Workin' On?

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:14 pm

Now that is the making of a Get Out of My House sale!
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:43 am

Ah, yes, the decapitated body pile.

Doll collecting/customizing is a weird hobby.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:25 pm

I don't know if this counts, but my current "project" is figuring out HOW TO GET THE LIVE CHIPMUNK OUT OF MY ROOM.

Update: IT'S NOT A CHIPMUNK. IT'S A FLYING SQUIRREL. PLEASE SEND HELP.
Kattriella

Postby Tam I am » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:36 pm

Smoley hokes. O.O
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:15 am

Block off all means of escape except for an open window with the screen removed. Or bait a critter trap with nuts and bird seeds to catch and release it.

At the old house we'd let the pets chase it (hopefully) outside, the cats and terriers worked as a critter getter team.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:44 am

DollyKim wrote:Block off all means of escape except for an open window with the screen removed. Or bait a critter trap with nuts and bird seeds to catch and release it.

At the old house we'd let the pets chase it (hopefully) outside, the cats and terriers worked as a critter getter team.

This was quite literally what I ended up doing, actually. THEN THE CATS TRIED TO BRING IT BACK INSIDE.

In other news, I got a lot of six Licca heads I'm cleaning up to potentially use in my Sailor Moon dolls, and I ordered some other heads to potentially use.

I also made my cat a vet appointment, so that's my "adulting" out of the way for the week.
Kattriella

Postby Jobee » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:49 pm

I've spent the past 2 weeks focused on FailFix dolls. Unboxing them includes a hair wash, so it's a slow process. I'm really enjoying it though. Too bad I only have 1 left to unbox, then some pets. But then I can start drafting patterns and making shit! And ignoring the Monster High dolls I bought last month... It may seem like I'm buying a lot of dolls right now, and it's true, but my husband is expecting a pay cut or a job change in the next few months, so I'm stocking up while the getting's good.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Kattriella » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:11 pm

The first round of heads I ordered have arrived! They are definitely not a skin tone match in person, but they look fine on camera, so I'm not mad.
Kattriella

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:18 pm

Kattriella wrote:The first round of heads I ordered have arrived! They are definitely not a skin tone match in person, but they look fine on camera, so I'm not mad.

Can't wait to see your finished project of SM dolls!! :)

And I finally decided to get the new BanDai Namco 9" Sailor Moon 'Crystal' dolls which came out in 2018. I resisted buying them then because: A)No Outers or Starlights (let alone Asteroid Quartet) and B)We don't love 'Crystal' (in terms of story which follows the manga near exactly, and art style--way too cutesy for Sailor Moon.)

But now with the final 2 movies released for 'Crystal' (which they are calling 'Cosmos') and the Lights in it, I couldn't NOT make custom dolls of them from this.
So I found the original 5 Inners and ChibiMoon for a decent price (not good, but at least decent) and now my sister and I are making customs of the remaining characters--4 Outers, 3 Starlights, 4 Asteroid Quartet, Chibi Chibi and the 3 cats.

I'm slowly rerooting the heads. 3 down, 8 to go. :laughs:
But my sister is really going out to town making their fukus!!! She finished the 4 Outers last night and has already started on the Asteroid Quartet's clothing! WOW!

I guess we might be finished with this set by her birthday in mid August. :) We can't full time work on them because of commissions coming first. (Our own hobbies need to take a backseat to commissions.)

They definitely won't be my favorite Sailor Moon dolls (way too short and overly cutesy) but had to make them for 'completion.' We have all the other SM dolls sets, so couldn't ignore this final one.

:)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:23 pm

The hair for Sailor Moon should be here tomorrow. I'm going to do her hair, then work on her face. (I don't have her body yet. There's a lot going on right now.)
Kattriella

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!