Go to footer

Your latest buys!

The place for those OT discussions that you just HAVE to share in a doll themed forum.

Re: Your latest buys!

Postby Kattriella » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know, the Elf Mates shirts you can find at Dollar General fit Barbies very nicely. I added some snaps to the back of mine. They make a really cute addition to the holiday wardrobe. There are three different ones, blue, purple, and green, all with different designs, and they're$3 each. I haven't tried them on anything but a Barbie yet, I will check back in with my results.

Edit: They fit Integrity Toys girls nicely, though they are very loose at the waist, they fit an Obitsu 27cm girl, though they're very baggy (if you're going for the "just stole my boyfriend's t-shirt" look, it's perfect), and they make a perfectly adorable oversized t-shirt to sleep in for an Obitsu 21 cm girl, especially if you guys it down off one shoulder.
Last edited by Kattriella on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tam I am » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:18 pm

kenaiqueen wrote:
Tam I am wrote:My latest doll purchase, or at least the one that's in the mail, is Jinx here.

That's pretty darn cute!

Thank you! I was surprised when I realized how big she is. Most hand made rag dolls aren't so big these days.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:46 pm

They're here!
ImageHPdollz by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
And just to note, I have both the Barbie Sally Ride and Katherine Johnson, plus the Lego set of lady scientists: Nancy G. Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride, and Mae Jemison. My heroes are all better at math than me!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:30 am

99 Cent store might have knit sweater and beanie ornaments again. They pull over most 1/6 scale.

In the past I've seen wine bottle and gift card sweaters too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby maywong » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:09 am

kenaiqueen wrote:They're here!
ImageHPdollz by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

Congrats on getting them. I got them too. : I wish Mattel had given Snape real hair. I am going to reroot mine.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:05 pm

maywong wrote: Congrats on getting them. I got them too. : I wish Mattel had given Snape real hair. I am going to reroot mine.

Yeah, that bugs me a lot. I was grateful that Dumbledore had hair on his head at least. Post pics when you get him done. I'd love to see.
And my latest buy, for myself, a black hooded dress/top that is a high/low style that makes me feel like Darth Vader when I wear it around the house. :twisted:
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:39 am

I will post pics once I am done.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:35 pm

Got a shipping notice from Alice's Collection that my doll clothes are on the way. Means that my SmartDoll will have some blue jeans finally. She has a lot of dresses and skirts, but no jeans.

I've also got some lovely details for my last Warrior Woman project that are coming from ebay buys. I have a wig for her that I don't love but will do for now, so I'm still looking for something better. If not, I can live with her as is. She's mostly done. Just all the complicated 'accessories' before I can show her off.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Did a dolly trade! Traded a SmartDoll for a Dollmore Illu Dahia. Like a Lusion but half the size. Been wanting one for awhile now. She should be arriving on Thursday.
Stormlight

Postby Tam I am » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Still waiting for Jinx.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Let's Talk!