Go to footer

Are your dolls dressing up?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Are your dolls dressing up?

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:16 am

Are your dolls dressing up for Halloween?

My Xavier takes the holiday, his birthday, seriously. I've put together his base costume but we're a few accessories shy of debuting it. All I'll say it finding an MSD sized net wasn't going to be the easiest thing in the world to find until I remembered there are ready made ones that will work.

Otherwise I've got a 1/6 Spider-Man costume, and one for Shi Shi the Obitsu 60, an a 1/6 Greatest American Hero suit, assorted uniforms aside.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Are your dolls dressing up?

Postby Jobee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 am

I gotta get my butt in gear for Amiga's costume. It's a nurse, should be simple, but I haven't started yet! :o
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Trethowan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Nah, I barely have time to get my family's costume together. I did buy a tiny hay bale though so I can take a cute pic with pumpkins!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby takahirokumiko » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 pm

If I can get them all done in time, my boys will be dressing up. I have the plans and everything. I just need to put it all together.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Only Richi, she wore her costume for Dolloween and wil wear it again on Halloween. :D
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:34 am

We can't find Sixlets in our time zone so Xavier is improvising a bit for his costume. Found the goldfish net in our junk drawer. Just dress the doll in all black, add a top hat, and some child attracting thing.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 am

It's gotten too close to Halloween and I still haven't started her costume. I've decided to start on her holiday dress instead. It's a better use of my white fabric anyway. It is going to be very elegant, long with a big skirt.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Sandwich » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:33 pm

No, they won't be. I'd really like to learn to sew someday though and make them some homemade outfits! Right now I could probably manage a ghost - just cut some eyeholes in an old pillowcase or something :lol:
Sandwich
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Jobee » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 am

Update: I got an awesome idea just now. I can wrap Amiga up in toilet paper and make her a mummy! Whew, I'm glad I thought of something. Feel free to use this epiphany too if you need it. I promise I'll post pictures. :)
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 am

Cheese cloth is a bit stronger for mummy wrappings and has the old bandage look. Can't wait to see pics :)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'