Go to footer

Anybody bought dolls from Mandarake?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Anybody bought dolls from Mandarake?

Postby Ulti » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:57 pm

Just wondering, as their prices can be less than buying a new doll straight from the company. I put in my request for a Pullip yesterday night; still waiting on an email to confirm that it is in stock.
Ulti
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Anybody bought dolls from Mandarake?

Postby K2! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:58 am

Ulti wrote:Just wondering, as their prices can be less than buying a new doll straight from the company. I put in my request for a Pullip yesterday night; still waiting on an email to confirm that it is in stock.

I have purchase several dolls from Mandarake before. Many of their dolls are used, not brand new, thus the lower (and sometimes higher) than factory price. This also means you need to look at the pictures and descriptions carefully as there may be condition issues and some accessories many not be present. A lot of their online merchandise is on the shelves of several different stores so it can take a little while for them to verify stock. On the shelf merchandise is subject to prior sale.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Ulti » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:21 am

K2! wrote:
Ulti wrote:Just wondering, as their prices can be less than buying a new doll straight from the company. I put in my request for a Pullip yesterday night; still waiting on an email to confirm that it is in stock.

I have purchase several dolls from Mandarake before. Many of their dolls are used, not brand new, thus the lower (and sometimes higher) than factory price. This also means you need to look at the pictures and descriptions carefully as there may be condition issues and some accessories many not be present. A lot of their online merchandise is on the shelves of several different stores so it can take a little while for them to verify stock. On the shelf merchandise is subject to prior sale.

Yeah I thought the prices on some those dolls was quite high, which is kind of unusual for Mandarake. They said the box has not been opened on mine so it *should* come with everything. It's been two business days since I requested it and still no payment or cancellation email. If I don't get one tomorrow I think I'm gonna go crazy. Somebody did take the time to put the shipping price up on it though, and it has been removed from the site, so fingers crossed.
*edit* - I do have a hotmail email address, wondering if that could be the problem.
Ulti
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby K2! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Ulti wrote:Yeah I thought the prices on some those dolls was quite high, which is kind of unusual for Mandarake.

I think some of their stuff is like a consignment shop where the person selling it sets the price and Mandarake tacks on their fee. The stuff I look at ranges from a little under retail (like you'd expect for a used item) and some is almost double retail (still for used items).

They said the box has not been opened on mine so it *should* come with everything. It's been two business days since I requested it and still no payment or cancellation email. If I don't get one tomorrow I think I'm gonna go crazy. Somebody did take the time to put the shipping price up on it though, and it has been removed from the site, so fingers crossed.
*edit* - I do have a hotmail email address, wondering if that could be the problem.

Might want to check your junk mail file. A message from them might look like spam to Hotmail. I think you have three days to respond before they put the item back on sale.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Ulti » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:05 pm

K2! wrote:
Ulti wrote:Yeah I thought the prices on some those dolls was quite high, which is kind of unusual for Mandarake.

I think some of their stuff is like a consignment shop where the person selling it sets the price and Mandarake tacks on their fee. The stuff I look at ranges from a little under retail (like you'd expect for a used item) and some is almost double retail (still for used items).

They said the box has not been opened on mine so it *should* come with everything. It's been two business days since I requested it and still no payment or cancellation email. If I don't get one tomorrow I think I'm gonna go crazy. Somebody did take the time to put the shipping price up on it though, and it has been removed from the site, so fingers crossed.

Might want to check your junk mail file. A message from them might look like spam to Hotmail. I think you have three days to respond before they put the item back on sale.

It takes up to three days to receive the email; they'll hold it for five days but I'm not sure if that's five days from when the email was sent or not. I just checked and the item is at the Nagoya store, not the Nakano one like I thought it said, so that could be why.
Ulti
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Ulti » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 pm

After fretting about this for 3 days I finally got the confirmation email :mrgreen:
Ulti
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'