Go to footer

MNM Services?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

MNM Services?

Postby Vetinari » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:47 pm

So anyone got a list of companies that take MNM commissions/examples of their work?

(I've got a bit of a pipe dream BJD(s) that involves MNM commissioning... Specifically a Peter Wingfield BJD :oops: )

Thus far my list of people/companies that still do this are:

Natrume (on Etsy of Sherlock MNM fame, her base rate is $900 I believe)

Namonaki Workshop (the guys who did Hannibal and Cillian Murphy)

Whispering Grass (Ira Scargeer - she of the lovely Thomas and Chris sculpts)

Nobility Doll
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: MNM Services?

Postby yarwel » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm pretty sure DiM and April Story have custom services. Don't know if that's helpful or not.
yarwel
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:26 am

If it were me I'd start with a Dollshe Saint or some other doll with the basic face then add a nose and details with a sculpting material. I've cheated like that for several of my 1/6 guys.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Thanks for the info! I had no idea that April Story offered that service. (Oh are DiM still taking MNM orders?)

Hah thanks for the suggestion! Gah I would if I could believe me Dollykim - if I was any good at capturing human likenesses I would, but I'm no where near your level at spotting suitable heads and altering features.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:27 am

Thanks, if we lived closer to each other I'd be in to doing it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Hah! Thanks, I'm horribly aware that my painting skills would need an upgrade for anything involving subtle additive mods like that! Possibly the switch to an airbrush to get even base coverage kind of upgrade!

Well if I do ever get my act together for a group order I'll be aiming for the prerequisite order size of 10 heads, and someone in the US to receive the bulk order (I shudder to think of the tax hit if that kind of shipment came to the UK!) though I do confess if I get the kind of windfall that will enable it, Natrume's base rate of $900 for two heads is extremely tempting for the chance for a Methos and a Vetinari who looks uncannily like Paul Kidby's illustrations to match my Vimes sculpt :oops: Though I have worked out that i'd be able to take a hit for the cost of three heads, so that's only seven people to get costs down to not absolutely horrific...
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'