Go to footer

Pullip vs Nendoroid

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Pullip vs Nendoroid

Postby Ulti » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:05 pm

So I have the opportunity to buy either a Pullip Hatsune Miku or two nendoroids. The Pullip I think might be actually kind of cute, however I want to use my doll to model for prints, and I'm not sure if there's a big market for Pullip photographic prints/art (as many people think they are creepy). The nendoroids don't have as much as the creep factor, but I don't think they are as customizable or poseable.
Ulti
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Pullip vs Nendoroid

Postby DollyKim » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:58 am

Are you allowed by the Pullip company and Hatsune's creator to sell prints of a doll and character they own the rights to? I see both as a niche market with only a limited number of buyer.

What ever doll you get the first reason should be because you like it and want one.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:57 am

You'd have the same issue with most Nendoroids, too as they're generally based off popular anime/manga/etc characters that Good Smile have got licences to produce. There are a few that aren't based off any character, but they are still Good Smile's intellectual property and it would be a good idea to contact them first.

Nendoroids aren't very posable at all - some have jointed elbows and/or ankles (the very few Super Movable ones have have both!), others have interchangeable parts for different poses, but if you want posable and small look at Azone Picco Neemo, 11cm Obitsus or even Figma. As for customising - you can buy a set of extra faceplates and of course you can re-paint them, use epoxy to change their hair and so on.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Cianonzo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Have you considered Figma..? Figmas are produced by Good Smile as well (I believe), and are like more proportional, super poseable nendoroids. The average price for one on ebay or Amazon is roughly $45. In case of any licensing issues with the characters, you can also purchase blank figma and customize them yourself. :) I believe they're called Figma Archetype. They're released at retail for $30. Since they aren't release often, and in limited quantities, buying them off of ebay can cost $150+. However, some sites may still have them available for preorder. I think Kirin Hobby does.

If you'd prefer to stick with either Nendoroids or Pullip, I'd recommend Pullips. Certain Pullip dolls only cost about $50, and you can also check out the ebay second hand market, as there are plenty of perfectly good, pre-loved pullips in need of a new home. ^-^ In my opinion, Pullips are just much more customize-able. The poseability especially would come in use for Artist prints. As of now I have 3 pullips (one MiO, one Miku, and one Sakura Miku) and two Dals (both Kagamine Rins-- one is going on a new body soon), and I love them all. >.<
To be fair, I also do have two Nendoroids that I love, but I feel that a Pullip would be better suited for your intended purposes. :)

Hope I helped~ (^w^)/
Cianonzo
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'