Go to footer

BJD Stand Advice/Kaiser Doll Stands for BJDs?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

BJD Stand Advice/Kaiser Doll Stands for BJDs?

Postby Cianonzo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:43 pm

So I actually have two (related) issues/questions... ^^

1) I have four BJDs so far-- a 60 cm AoD girl, a 65 cm cm Migidoll/Impldoll hybrid, a 44 cm Resinsoul, and a 43 cm DoD. The problem here is that I don't have any BJD stands... only a cheapy $5 one I purchased at my local AC Moore. I believe it's a Kaiser (or similar type) doll stand. It's metal, white, and secures around the waist. The stand works alright for my 65 cm boy; however, I'm paranoid about whether or not the stand will stain him (mostly due to the fact that it was so inexpensive, and not made for bjd's) or damage his resin (if somebody has used these kind of stands before and could give me some advice on these, I'd appreciate it), which brings me to issue #2...

2) If the metal stands are harmful, is there anywhere I could purchase bjd stands that don't cost $25-40..? I know that it's an expensive hobby, but I'm really reluctant to spend upwards of $80 on just their stands... ):
Cianonzo
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: BJD Stand Advice/Kaiser Doll Stands for BJDs?

Postby DollyKim » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:38 am

I have a bunch of old used Kaiser stands for my 1/6 crew and there hasn't been a single doll injury caused by them. As long as it's clean you should be fine. Another option might be what's called a saddle type stand.

I don't use stands for my bigger dolls and resins. I'll lean them slightly against a wall, sit them on a shelf or chair or their box, or have them in their box or a carrier that's open and leaning against the wall.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:08 am

Are you talking about these?
http://www.joann.com/fibre-craft-9-1-2i ... nd&start=2
These work just fine. I've used them for years and have not had any damage caused by them. The $40+ ones can cause significant damage to your wallet so unless your well is very deep, there's no need to spend that much.
Like DollyKim, most of my dolls (50cms) are leaning against the walls of a white shelf unit.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Cianonzo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:26 am

DollyKim wrote:I have a bunch of old used Kaiser stands for my 1/6 crew and there hasn't been a single doll injury caused by them. As long as it's clean you should be fine. Another option might be what's called a saddle type stand.

I don't use stands for my bigger dolls and resins. I'll lean them slightly against a wall, sit them on a shelf or chair or their box, or have them in their box or a carrier that's open and leaning against the wall.

Thanks for letting me know~ ^-^
I just have a tendency to be a bit paranoid when it comes to my stuff, ao I felt the need to make sure, heheh. ^^'
Cianonzo
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Cianonzo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:32 am

K2! wrote:Are you talking about these?
http://www.joann.com/fibre-craft-9-1-2i ... nd&start=2
These work just fine. I've used them for years and have not had any damage caused by them. The $40+ ones can cause significant damage to your wallet so unless your well is very deep, there's no need to spend that much.
Like DollyKim, most of my dolls (50cms) are leaning against the walls of a white shelf unit.

Those would be the ones. ^-^
Thanks for letting me know-- the prices on BJD stands on eBay, Volks, etc. was slightly nerve-wracking. >.<
One of my issues is that I'm terrible at stringing, so I don't usually trust my dolls to stand... They're either loose or incredibly kicky. *-*' Not to mention I have a 60 cm AoD girl that probably need some mad hip sueding, but I'm not exactly skilled with glue of any kind. I was thinking of using silicone washers, since they seem to work well...
Cianonzo
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'