Go to footer

LIFE SIZED DOLL?! omg

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

LIFE SIZED DOLL?! omg

Postby happyknot » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 am

Remember my thread about doll size trends and we all wondered "how big is too big"? There's no limit to the imaginations of the doll creators out there. I just learned that D-Storic just released a 5'8" doll for $6000 today.
http://d-storic.com/shop/step1.php?number=304

She's HUGE. HUGE I tell you!

What are your thoughts? How on earth would you display her? Would you take her to meets in a wheel chair? Guys...I have no one else to talk to about this strangeness!
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Re: LIFE SIZED DOLL?! omg

Postby Evelien » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 am

... I'm speechless.

She'd be more like... I mean... you can dress her up in actual people's clothes and shoes! That is so wrong! She's pretty, but who would want such a big doll and for what purpose..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:30 am

Holy CRAP she's taller than me! O_o

How the heck would you even be able to LIFT something that big? Wouldn't it be heavy? She's really amazing but wow, I couldn't ever imagine owning something that big. 70cm is my limit. ^^;
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 am

I don't think it's wrong. It's not the first time I've seen a lifesize doll. I wouldn't want a doll taller than me though, and she's got 5 inches on me. It'd be fun to put her in pretty shoes that I cannot wear. I cannot wear heels. She would make a great mannequin, but I think other mannequin's are cheaper than that. It creeps the heck out of my hubby! lol
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby takahirokumiko » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 am

She is so huge. I don't think I would want a life size doll. It would probably be a bit weird for me.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby K2! » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:59 am

It seems more like a challenge than a realistic product.
"Look what we did! Anybody want to buy one? Come on, we dare you."
Really, just go out and buy a mannequin.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:21 pm

I agree with K2 - too much and may as well buy a mannequin. Then again it really isn't that unusual as we think. Life-sized dolls are made by Japanese BJD artists frequently - mind you they are made of porcelain or clay, not cast resin. I suppose if you can afford it and have somewhere to put one it could be an ultimate doll - but I think it's too creepy for me.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby quidam » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 pm

People complain about working with a doll less than five pounds. I can't imagine how many would want to deal with a 47 pound doll.
Is she strung? I can't imagine what a pain it would be to string her.

She's pretty, but, yeah, might as well buy a mannequin.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby happyknot » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 pm

The ultimate doll - she really would be. Manikins usually do not come with the degree of posability and realism that a BJD has. I guess the question would be, how often would you be posing it?

It would make a great store display for a BJD store though. She's kinda like a mother SD. You could have all the normal sized dolls piled up around her and on her lap!
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:18 pm

This brings the phrase "the heft of resin" to a whole new level. And at 5'7" she has managed to be taller then myself. >.>
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'