Go to footer

Is BJD-Shop a safe website?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Is BJD-Shop a safe website?

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:38 pm

I love my "cheap" Dollzone LinLan so much that I bought a second one second hand and a couple of spare heads so I can recreate her if something happens to her.

Bobobie/Resinsoul also are one of the few companies doing colored resins, which was the only way I was able to duplicate another character in doll form.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Yanagi-sen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:07 am

The right clothes and face-up can do amazing things for 'cheap' dolls. I've had people ask if my Bobobie Espree boy is a Volks!!!!! I own DZ and Luts as well... I buy the doll that has the look I want in the price range I can afford. The Espree was what I was looking for and Denver Doll was willing to stick the head on a Tony body for me. I also have a *gasp* hybrid, a DollZone girl head on an Angel of Dream boy body. I could care less if other people think my dolls are 'cheap'. They make me happy and that's all that matters. ^___^
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:35 am

Greyhaunt wrote:
Just don't ever let anyone tell you that just because a doll doesn't cost the earth to own it's "cheap". Like all hobbies this one has elitists who believe that if you don't own a Volks, Luts, SOOM, or Iplehouse then you've "settled for second-best". Not true! The right doll is the one that make you happy! I've got dolls from all sorts of brands, and I like every one of them (though I'm probably a bit biased towards my 50cm obitsu girls LOL).

Obi50~~~~~~~ They got spare parts, they got Parabox who have your range of anime or bjdish head, as well as companies like SQlab for anime. I started off on big dolls with a Parabox -Obitsu hybrid since I like my Megu head better than the Volks Dollfie range. then again Big Obitsu are like my small Obitsu.

emily6940 wrote:Although I do not currently own a BJD I've been researching different websites to see which sculpts I like the best and things like that.

If anything I wanted a bjd after seeing a Domuya and a AOD Lan but it took me 4 years to go big with an Obi50 and two more years to jump in with a giant Iplehouse EID Resin as a starter resin since he slap down the competition and stole my heart. He's pretty much my grail doll since I don't have specific large bjds that I want as badly now (except for a renewed/retweaked body and another head for him).

If there's an expensive bjd thats not a limited edition, there's no harm saving and waiting for that one doll if you don't want to settle for 2nd best. By now with 4 large dolls later, what I'm after now are 1/6 Obitsu to redo my existing Obitsu crew since I think my faceup skills have improve a little. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:24 am

emily6940 wrote:
she_flame wrote:BJD shop IS selling recasts. Good way to spot it is thta they have limited edition dolls (like Soom or Luts) on sale as new, and not as secondhand dolls. Also stupidly low prices are second good way to spot recast sellers.

And as Greayhaunt said, if you don't want to buy pricey doll first, there are many legit companies (and not only RS/Bobobie) that sell their dolls in reasonable price.

Yeah I don't think I'd ever have the money for some other dolls like a Volks or something along those lines. I was looking around and I thought that for my first few dolls I wouldn't spend over $300 (not including things like faceup, wig, clothing etc.)
Currently the doll I like the best is a Dreaming Doll Lovely Betsy (plus she comes with a wig yay)

A lot of older Volks dolls now sell for as low as about that $300 price tag, a lot of people just don't want to deal with old dolls any more so if that was ever a company you were interested in check second hand like in some of the facebook groups or on DoA.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Fyrsiel » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 am

Dollzone cheap??? 0__o Dollzone was the first sculpt brand I got, and it remains my favorite. Especially their bodies (and their hands!!)! x3

And I loved my Bobobie Mei. She looked adorable once I gave her some blue eye shadow for her face-up. When I went to sell her, loads of people told me she looked gorgeous. So, yeah, it's all about de presentation. xB
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby she_flame » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:31 am

Fyrsiel wrote:Dollzone cheap??? 0__o Dollzone was the first sculpt brand I got, and it remains my favorite. Especially their bodies (and their hands!!)! x3

And I loved my Bobobie Mei. She looked adorable once I gave her some blue eye shadow for her face-up. When I went to sell her, loads of people told me she looked gorgeous. So, yeah, it's all about de presentation. xB

No one has said, that cheap dolls are ugly. I adore too DollZone's designs, and Resin Soul/Bobobie's too. But if you compare price of DollZone (250$ blank msd) to price of IpleHouse (350$ blank msd), you'll notice DZ has lower prices. So they are (relatively) cheap dolls in this hobby. ^^
she_flame
Dolly Pardon

Postby DollyKim » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:45 am

Back in the day when Dollzone first came out there were people who had their opinions about them. I had Xavier, the dad in my avatar, out with me once and someone was surprised that was a Dollzone. Many people still haven't seen a BJD in real life and think they only look like the few you see in doll magazines.

What sold me on my beloved was his face. It came down to a Fei, which he is, or the vampire. Xavier doesn't have fangs and being my first resin I wasn't going to risk damaging him taking them off. With the memories we have together I have no regrets, no Xavier no all the stuff that lead up to my sister and I getting our twins.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Trethowan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:04 am

Fyrsiel wrote:Dollzone cheap??? 0__o Dollzone was the first sculpt brand I got, and it remains my favorite. Especially their bodies (and their hands!!)! x3

I'll second that. I thought they were pricey, but then I jumped on the doll bandwagon when Dragondoll prices looked MIGHTY appealing after checking out DZ. Ivan was almost a DZ... heheheh...
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 pm

LOL, Dollzone was a starter brand for a lot of us! Back before Bobobie broke into the market with their beautiful and comfortably priced dolls finding a 1/4 scale for under $300 was a miracle! I think I have something like 5 Dollzone dolls, and at least one floating head in need of a body LOL. But yes, once upon a time they were considered "cheap", part of that had to do with a very early controversy with one of their first dolls possibly having been copied from a Volks model (I think). It caused other forums to be biased against them and took a long time for them to get "forgiveness".

I, for one, love my Xi(s) and Mo and Hid and Yuu and Ulli and Rabbit and.....
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Fyrsiel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 pm

"Cheap" always seems to have such a negative connotation, like "cheaply made" or of just lesser quality in general all around. I always thought the Dollzone price was appropriate, and those guys could really endure. xD Don't think I'll ever give up my Mo boy, even though the poor guy looks like a Simpson right about now (i'mabaddollieowner ;_;).

I'd heard a while back that some elitist types out there have a surreal bias against MSD dolls in the sense that you're "not a real doll owner" if you only have MSD sized dolls... =__o Like... uh??
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'