Go to footer

House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Qrinta wrote:Psh! I'm twenty one and have yet to rid myself of a single barbie, baby doll, or stuffed animal. XD Actually, I've gotten rid of the over sized stuffed animals because they take up too much room but keep adding to the horde of beanie baby sized animals. XD Though looking around my room I'm a bit worried about the state of my dolls. There is dust and cobwebs on pretty much everything. ><

Welcome to the forums! I'm also new and just purchased my first BJD. *Dances with excitement* I hope your plushies are ok!

=D congrats on getting your first one!! what model is it?

and i hope so too. x.x the more i think about it the more i realize how little they all meant to me in comparison to my 2 favorites. Ones a purring simba and ones a brown and tan bear that sits like a gummy bear x_x
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Qrinta » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Aww. I don't know what I would do without certain plushies. My favorite right now is a very round blue rabbit my best friend gave me for my 17th? birthday. Don't remember which but his name is Lt. Squashy and he is awesome. He guards my bed at the dorms when I'm at school. XD

I got an Iplehouse Leona with peach gold skin. A bit expensive but when I eventually decide to spend my money I tend to spend a lot. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Qrinta wrote:Aww. I don't know what I would do without certain plushies. My favorite right now is a very round blue rabbit my best friend gave me for my 17th? birthday. Don't remember which but his name is Lt. Squashy and he is awesome. He guards my bed at the dorms when I'm at school. XD

I got an Iplehouse Leona with peach gold skin. A bit expensive but when I eventually decide to spend my money I tend to spend a lot. XD

oh wow! that model had a beautiful face =O you're lucky to have her
SugarCorpse

Postby Dirili » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 pm

SugarCorpse wrote:i'm currently trying to explain why i want one so badly and why i feel its so important i get one =/ my mom doesn't get why i want one so badly at all. she thinks its just a toy and im silly for wanting such an expensive toy..... and the fact that im 20 and shouldnt have dolls is one of her biggest arguments =_=||

Pfffft! As her how many parents would buy their kids $700 dolls?
Clearly there are a LOT of adults buying these because I don't think there are nearly enough rich kids out there to support the huge market of super expensive dolls that exists right now.

Qrinta wrote:I got an Iplehouse Leona with peach gold skin. A bit expensive but when I eventually decide to spend my money I tend to spend a lot. XD

Yay! Another Iple doll owner! XD Leona is purty!
I'm a tad similar... I tend to have a breakdown once a year where I just open the floodgates and buy like crazy for a few weeks. Usually it's jewelry though. This year I'm substituting dolls!
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Dirili wrote:
I'm a tad similar... I tend to have a breakdown once a year where I just open the floodgates and buy like crazy for a few weeks. Usually it's jewelry though. This year I'm substituting dolls!

One year I went to Japan. XD Other than that when I decide to spend money it's usually on a new computer or more recently clothes. I was actually thinking of buying a new laptop this year and had a friend trying to convince me to buy a nice bicycle to ride around since the one I have isn't fitted properly and is much too big and heavy for me. XD Instead I bought a doll. Now I need to save up for books for this next semester. Textbooks are evil to my wallet.

I'm really excited for her. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Dirili wrote:Pfffft! As her how many parents would buy their kids $700 dolls?
Clearly there are a LOT of adults buying these because I don't think there are nearly enough rich kids out there to support the huge market of super expensive dolls that exists right now.

basically shes saying i should never get one. shes never spent more than $25 on a doll or something similar for me when i was a kid. And now that there's money that SHOULD be mine and I'm old enough to have something delicate shes making dumb excuses to not let me use it as i want. =/ shes trying to make me get a bike i don't want and would probably only use twice.
SugarCorpse

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Qrinta wrote:
Dirili wrote:

One year I went to Japan. XD Other than that when I decide to spend money it's usually on a new computer or more recently clothes. I was actually thinking of buying a new laptop this year and had a friend trying to convince me to buy a nice bicycle to ride around since the one I have isn't fitted properly and is much too big and heavy for me. XD Instead I bought a doll. Now I need to save up for books for this next semester. Textbooks are evil to my wallet.

I'm really excited for her. ^_^

=O my bf is going to japan next year with school. hes so lucky
SugarCorpse

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 am

Well, actually this tends to be a hobby where people don't start buying a doll until they are grown up! These dolls are not really intended as kids toys, but rather as grown-up toys. They are great for lots of reasons and I hope you do get one!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 am

I'm 62. I have...quite a lot of these dolls.

The Elves and the Anthros are my Elven Court, which doesn't have any particular storyline attached to them. The superheroes are from my book series, The Secret World Chronicles, and they act as my inspiration. Before I got into BJDs, I made porcelain dolls of the heroine of whatever book I was working on at the time, I kept some, and auctioned the rest for charity. I've made and auctioned BJDs for charity too; the first was for the Real World Hero auction and was a doll of the City of Heroes signature villain, Ghost Widow. The next will be for DragonCon to benefit one of Anne McCaffrey's charities and will be a doll of her character Acorna.

People use these dolls as models for costumes and clothing they hope to make at life size, they use them to practice sewing and art skills, photography skills, storytelling and writing.

Your mother should be pleased you are wanting to buy something that will last, and not spend it on a handbag or shoes that will be out of style next spring.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Evelien » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:26 am

Welcome! Anona is adorable, I hope you and your mom will come to an agreement!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'