Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:43 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:So thrilled! I connected with a doll group friend who had purchased a beloved doll from me during a difficult time. She is happy to sell my Volk's Sister doll back to me and my hubby is happy to let me buy her back! :mrgreen:
Wonderful! I'm so happy for you!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:30 pm

I am so full of shit when I say I'm not going to buy dolls anymore. Every time. Every time. You know how I said I was done with Rainbow High? Yep, that was me a month and a half ago.

Then, I got a genius idea, this past weekend. If the dolls I love and want most right now are from Series 1 and 2, I should just collect MORE of series 1 and 2! I only have half of Series 1, and half from series 2, and those were the beginning of Rainbow High, the style and characters that I fell in love with summer 2020.

So, my new goals is to collect main characters from the show in Seasons 1 and 2. Since I have more practice buying used dolls now, I can search eBay for pre-loved ones and fix them up when they come home.

TLDR; I'm full of shit and I ordered Rainbow High dolls off eBay this weekend.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Tam I am » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:24 pm

Jobee wrote:I am so full of shit when I say I'm not going to buy dolls anymore. Every time. Every time. You know how I said I was done with Rainbow High? Yep, that was me a month and a half ago.

Then, I got a genius idea, this past weekend. If the dolls I love and want most right now are from Series 1 and 2, I should just collect MORE of series 1 and 2! I only have half of Series 1, and half from series 2, and those were the beginning of Rainbow High, the style and characters that I fell in love with summer 2020.

So, my new goals is to collect main characters from the show in Seasons 1 and 2. Since I have more practice buying used dolls now, I can search eBay for pre-loved ones and fix them up when they come home.

TLDR; I'm full of shit and I ordered Rainbow High dolls off eBay this weekend.

Yeeeah. I rehomed two dolls today, after saying no more buying dolls.

Brought home a second hand Build a Bear Lalaloopsy doll. So you're not alone, my friend.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:33 pm

Jobee, I do the same. Our finances have changed, so I really have to be careful but I'm still buying even when I swear I'm done. Got to have some happiness I guess. I'm still waiting for some RH dolls to go down in price.

That said, I had a horrible day today so I ordered 2 more of the 11" ILY4Ever dolls and a special edition Bo-Katan. I love that she is technically the newest Disney Princess and a total badass. Wonder which way Disney will ship these ones and how long it will take this time.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:59 am

My birthday is coming up beginning of next month! I'm expecting dolls! I know my husband bought Rainbow High dolls for me already, and I'm looking forward to seeing what my sister gets for me! Heck, even my parents might buy me dolls this year.

I have been a little bad, I ordered myself some 1/6 doll chairs off Amazon. My girls are always stuck on stands, I'd like them to get to sit now and then.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby ugg333 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 am

Jobee wrote:My birthday is coming up beginning of next month! I'm expecting dolls! I know my husband bought Rainbow High dolls for me already, and I'm looking forward to seeing what my sister gets for me! Heck, even my parents might buy me dolls this year.

I have been a little bad, I ordered myself some 1/6 doll chairs off Amazon. My girls are always stuck on stands, I'd like them to get to sit now and then.

Happy birthday and let your all dolly wishes come through!

I am waiting for two blind box dolls https://www.amazon.com/BEEMAI-Teennar-F ... B0BPHXWQ4S yay
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Tam I am » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:23 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The fruit girls! I didn't need to see that listing! XD :lol:

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:50 am

I didn't need to see that they are available on Amazon!!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Tam I am » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:33 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I didn't need to see that they are available on Amazon!!

That's what I was saying! ...But I've done gone and bought one with the gift card I meant to use for a book.

Tam I am

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:03 am

I have to be careful about doll stuff right now. My husband and I are heading to JordanCon Thursday, and while as an officer he gets his membership free, there are plenty of expenses and things to buy in the vendor hall, artist alley, author den and charity auction! On top of that - I'm buying a doll back from a friend in the Atlanta area. My lovely Volks Sister Sister will be coming back home with me after the con! Soooooooo happy to have back!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'