Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:34 pm

My Georgia Bloom arrived and I love her hair especially. However, the name, not so much. I'm renaming her Peach. Skye and Maddy can keep their names tho. Even tho I'm not actively planning on it, I may add one of the pink girls to the family. I like both the one in the Chanel suit and the Slumber one. Hope I can find them side-by-side to compare before I take the plunge. Anyway, here's the family:
ImagemyRHgirlz by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:14 pm

Saw plenty of the ginormous one at the store. There's a bit of an Obitsu 60 Dollfie Supreme vibe to her but her body looks a bit shorter.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:17 pm

Some of the Kinder Joy/Surprise eggs look to have tiny Barbie dolls in them, and some in the set have crud like a little ring you assemble :/

Ginormous Rainbow High girls are out, they remind me of my Obitsu 60.

A lot of the new Barbie stuff is surprise and color reveal.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:18 am

Got a look at some of the new line, Pacific Coast RH. There's at least one I really like.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 pm

My Winter Sunny looking cute. I miss her bangs, but she has the best articulation, so she's the one I kept. These big-eyed dolls are a little like crack. I've seen some people on Facebook financially ruined by buying too many of them.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:34 pm

I can understand being so tempted by them. There are at least 3 of the Pacific ones I want, but I may have to pare it down to just one. I like sunset colors (Phadra, I think), the sand dune/pale yellow color one, and the white, Opal one. I saw a couple of the others that I didn't care for at Wallys the other day so I'm hopeful they will get more in.

They also had Mermaid High, but I didn't care for the ones they had.

Also saw the cute Year of the Tiger RH girl online, but $80 is a bit too rich for my blood.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Finally unboxed these two. Phadra is now in the bathroom letting her hair dry as I decided to wash the gel out. Margot who I have renamed Opal has the most lush hair I've seen so far! Love both the hair colors on these two and I like getting a darker skinned girl for my little family too. Vanessa Tempo, who is a lighter brown skinned girl, is still in the box but I have other things to do today. I should take some time to write to MGA about the really unnecessary packaging for these girls. Phadra wasn't head stapled to the back but she had some in her head to hold her visor on. Again, unnecessary. Sigh.
ImagePCgirls by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:31 pm

Just saw ones with sleeping bags.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:29 pm

DollyKim wrote:Just saw ones with sleeping bags.

I saw a couple of those at Wallys a while back and they were okay, but not worth it for the price in my mind. I considered the one in gold but just couldn't do it and she sold out fast.

On the other hand, if anyone is thinking about getting Vanessa Tempo...do it! The dreads are amazing! They don't feel like the usual silky hair just braided up. It feels like a totally different material, but they look so cool. You'll notice in the pictures that Phadra is looking at them very wistfully LOL! But no way I'm going to do tiny braids on her. My DH saw Phadra when I was letting her hair dry in the bathroom and mentioned how pretty her hair is. I need to find something more interesting than side ponys for her.
ImageFebGirls by Kenai Queen, on FlickrImageDreads1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageDreads2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:29 pm

I love dolls with braids! I understand Phadra's envy. I bet slher hair would be gorgeous in braids, but it really would take forever to do . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'