Go to footer

What do you do while you wait?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: What do you do while you wait?

Postby Carrillo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 am

Mine is not going to arrive for three months at least (made to order) so in the meantime I'm thinking of how to explain him to the poor people who share my house (he's 72cm) and where to put him where he's not in danger of getting damaged. I want to make clothes and things but I'm not sure if anything will fit so I'd probably better wait until he arrives.

In the meantime I have to work (but work means more additions to my box of heads and bodies!) and work on modifying and painting the 1/6 scale dolls. I actually prefer the 1/6 to 1/3 but the face I wanted was only made in 1/3... I wish I'd never seen him because then I wouldn't have to buy a giant doll. But I had to.
I have 20+ BJDs... I was only gonna get one...
Carrillo
i see dead dolliehs

Re: What do you do while you wait?

Postby Tasuke » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:40 am

SymphonicEnkelli wrote:What do you do while you wait?

sometimes, if i already know what the forthcoming doll's proportions are going to be,
like, if she is OBITSU BODY based, - or is an older 1/6 that i am intending to enhance
with an OBITSU - then i can, and often do, make her some clothing in advance, or at least a set of undies,
since no 1/6 doll i've yet gotten has ever come with undies that even approach the standards i demand...
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'