Go to footer

The Dollieh Waiting Room

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: The Dollieh Waiting Room

Postby quidam » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:46 am

Hah! Good luck with that, AlmySidaKay!
After Alantril arrived I told myself no more dolls until next year maybe in the spring. I'm now waiting for my girl's arrival next week , and my little boy in October (roundabout). :lol:

Speaking of next week's arrival...I was having her sent to my parent's house, as it needs a signature and I have to work during the day when she'll arrive. My parents are now saying that they may have to go somewhere on the day she is scheduled to arrive, but won't know until the day of.

*sigh*- As much as it would be nice for them to go out and do more things, I'm kind of selfishly hoping that they stay home instead so I don't have to deal with scheduling a re-delivery with UPS.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 am

Hey look, I'm back here again.... This time I'm waiting for the BBB March I got off the MP a few weeks ago to show up from Canada. Hoping she shows up today or tomorrow. Then. NO dolls again for a ... long time. Not like it really helps I'm up to wanting 7 more dolls after these 3. >.<;
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Well I finally got the Bygg hooves I was waiting for, and I'm sooooo disappointed. First off I was surprised by the SOOM resin- it feels so thin and plasticy!!! And then I was bummed to discover that the knee joint on the hooves will not work with the Illusion Spirit doll I wanted to put them on. Id have to do some massive modding to make them work :( Still not sure what I'll do with them or if I'll try and do some modding :(

On the other hand, my brother called me today just to tell me that he has shipped off my VMF 50 to me!!! WOOOT Of course even though it's priority mail it will still take six to ten days (military mail is slow), but HURRAY DOLLIEH GOODNESS to anticipate :) I already have her wig, and some boots - otherwise, she'll be nekkid hahahahaha
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby richila » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm

I got a preorder for the new Little Taeyang Sebastien doll-now just to wait until he is released at the end of August.
http://www.pullipdolldreams.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=84
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 am

Wren showed up a day earlier then I expected! ::happy dance:: Will post a box opening video and photos a little later. :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay

Postby famedglory » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:14 pm

So this is probably a silly question but I went to check the Bobobie site today just to check my ship status knowing full well it wasn't going to change and the entire site seems to have disappeared. If you follow the link you'll see what I mean: http://www.bobobie.com/
I'm trying really hard not to panic because I'm sure it's nothing and it'll be fixed soon but if the site has vanished that does not bode well for me getting the doll I ordered. This is probably just maintance, right? Does this happen?
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 pm

famedglory wrote:So this is probably a silly question but I went to check the Bobobie site today just to check my ship status knowing full well it wasn't going to change and the entire site seems to have disappeared. If you follow the link you'll see what I mean: http://www.bobobie.com/
I'm trying really hard not to panic because I'm sure it's nothing and it'll be fixed soon but if the site has vanished that does not bode well for me getting the doll I ordered. This is probably just maintance, right? Does this happen?

Well wow, that's interesting. I'm going to guess that they might have forgotten to renew their domain name or something like that which is why the site went poof. But to be sure, I'll go over and ask Emory at Jspot if he knows anything since he deals with them :) I doubt they are gone - that would seriously surprise me. It's also possible that they got hacked or are restructuring - I'll let you know as soon as I hear from Emory.
Greyhaunt

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:50 pm

According to the BORS forum, they are having some problems, or got hacked again.
AlmySidaKay

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Stupid hackers :(
Greyhaunt

Postby famedglory » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Stupid hackers indeed. Thank you for the help! I feel way less panicky knowing that. I think I'll give them a few days to get things fixed and then e-mail them to check if they lost my order with all the trouble.
famedglory
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'