Go to footer

Rainbow High!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Rainbow High!

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:13 am

Starting to see Shadow High at some online stores.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jobee » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:08 am

Rainbow High Series 4 Pics

Series 4 pics have been released. The colors are pretty, the fashions are nice, but I don't like the faces anymore. the chin shapes look weird to me, their eyes look too small. I just don't enjoy where they're going with the line overall. They were really cute for the first releases, but it's like they're trying to warp them into Bratz dolls.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:59 pm

Spotted the black and white hair Shadow in the wild. Her face sculpt looks a bit different from the others. Eyes really sparkled.Assuming she's the lightest shade of gray the white one is going to be really white.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun May 01, 2022 6:37 am

I haven't committed yet, but I've been looking at the Rainbow and Shadow High dolls lately. My local Walmart is small and only has 2 different versions of the High and a couple of the Jr High (which I'm not interested in). So I'll have to search further afield it seems.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sun May 01, 2022 1:22 pm

I splurged and got the white girl and gray boy but ended up returning the gray boy. Just can't love that skin color. I don't like it on any other doll I've seen it on either. Haven't had time to unbox the girl. Natasha I think is her name. I ended up ordering them from Walmart online since our store is so poorly stocked. They came in 3 days. I ordered some other items so it was free shipping. I really like her looks and her fashions.

I actually like some of the wave 4 dolls I've seen pics of. Not into the bright colors so much but I like the pale yellow and the orange/gold ones. I didn't notice that much difference in the faces, but then again, I don't generally see the subtilties with my poor vision and poor facial recognition problems. My only problem is that I'm certain they will end up being in the $50 range and I just can't do that these days.

I think am going to look for a cheap regular sized Amaya on ebay tho, probably nude since I have so many outfits in storage.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun May 01, 2022 3:31 pm

Natasha is the one I like best so far, too. I've only seen her online, as well. I also like Georgia Bloom and Emi Vander. However, right now I'm stalking a Once Bitten Twice Shy Delilah on Ebay that end in 45 minutes.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Mon May 16, 2022 12:08 pm

Saw the all white girl in the wild, she’s really really pretty. It seems like a warm white.
Have now seen all but the darkest one. The boy is kind of dull :/
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 am

Here's the photo I took of the white one. Here eyes and cheeks have a light amount of color.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue May 17, 2022 11:15 am

Natasha has gray lips and pale gray eyebrows, light gray eyes mixed with light blue, black eyeliner with sparkly white eyeshadow and just a hint of pink blush on the cheeks. Her hair has just a faint amount of gray in it. I like the second outfit better, but I'm thinking of trying on the dress on my PCoast white/opal girl.

Posing her like a zombie was deliberate, btw. :D
ImageTash by Kenai Queen, on Flickr

I think you can see the gray hairs better in this shot. She has some at the edges of her hairline on the nape of her neck too. It's very subtle.
ImageTashaHair by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Saw all the Shadow dolls out in the wild. There's some silvery sparkle going on.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'