Go to footer

Just... no connection.

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Just... no connection.

Postby Jobee » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm

I hate to say it, but I'm going to re-home Comrade, my 55cm Obitsu boy. I'm just not inspired by him at all. I bought fabric for his clothes, bought a wig, went through two heads. I just feel no desire to work on him. I don't want to faceup his second head. I don't want to sew his clothes. I don't want to take pictures of him. He's not even really making any connection with Amiga, who is my girl his size. Amiga just isn't into him.

I feel kind of guilty. Getting him was a big deal for me. 2nd big doll, 1st boy doll. Brand new... I wish I fell in love with Comrade, but he's just not there. Has this ever happened to you?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Just... no connection.

Postby Sepulchria » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:34 pm

I've had that happen a couple times. One was a factory fresh 1/3 size boy who wound up being just way too big for me; I sent him to a lovely new home and got a smaller doll for his character. I'm happy and he's with people who appreciate him.

The other was a girl I just didn't click with. Loved her sculpt, size was fine, her character totally went with my other dolls... but I just didn't like her, not sure why, so I rehomed her, too. I felt kinda bad about it. She'd already been through a couple homes, and had been a gift, but no point keeping a doll ya don't want when someone else could be loving it. So don't be too hard on yourself; your boy will find someone to love him and you'll not have an unwanted doll lying about.
Sepulchria
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Jobee wrote:I hate to say it, but I'm going to re-home Comrade, my 55cm Obitsu boy. I'm just not inspired by him at all. I bought fabric for his clothes, bought a wig, went through two heads. I just feel no desire to work on him. I don't want to faceup his second head. I don't want to sew his clothes. I don't want to take pictures of him. He's not even really making any connection with Amiga, who is my girl his size. Amiga just isn't into him.

I feel kind of guilty. Getting him was a big deal for me. 2nd big doll, 1st boy doll. Brand new... I wish I fell in love with Comrade, but he's just not there. Has this ever happened to you?

Awww, I know what you mean! :hugs: Sometimes, you plan and get so excited about a doll, but when it arrives, it's not quite up to what you expected/wanted and feel a bit let down.

Maybe it's because he's only 55cm and shorter, younger, than Amiga-chan? She maybe wanted a boyfriend, but got a little brother instead?

Perhaps you might like to look into the 60-70cm boy dolls. I know that was one of my major hurdles for my girl dolls. I bought the matching 60cm boys, but they were so scrawny and as short as the girls that I just didn't 'love' them until I rebodied them with 65cm - 70cm bodies.
Now, they're perfect and I'm happy with them 100%.

Could it be that for you (and Amiga-chan), too?
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Czanne » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:54 am

Oh. Huh. I'm sorry for the consternation you're feeling, but things like OKCupid and used car lots wouldn't exist if sometimes connections didn't work. It's okay to make that decision.

I'm looking for a male in that height range.... I might be interested in an adoption. (Two of my core characters are adult short. I'd like a pic and what your price is.)
Your kingdom is the earth on which you walk.
Czanne
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:58 am

I've had that happen on more than one occasion. Actually, with my very first doll, even. It happens - it's kinda like finally going out with that crush you had for so long only to realize in the middle of the second course that you simply aren't clicking....
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Nella » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:41 am

It seems like a common thing that happens eventually to almost everyone. It sucks though, I know how much of a big thing he was supposed to be for you.

I felt disconnected from a few of my dolls (I was even prepping to put two of them for sale or trade) last year. I wiped them and gave all of them new looks (and characters for the two that I would've sold). Then it clicked.

But sometimes it just doesn't and you have to let them go.
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:21 am

Aww so sorry to hear you did not bond with your boy.

I take that you already tried different eyes/clothes/ wigs etc.? That helped me a great deal with other dolls :) But if you just don't "click" at all, better rehoming him and using teh funds for other lovelies ;)
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Jobee » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 am

I'm so glad you guys understand. Yeah, Amiga was hoping for a Romeo I think. I even bought him a second head, but just .. nothing.

I actually got a fantastic idea while my hubby was complaining about my dolls. After giving Comrade a nice new home, transforming Amiga's pet cat into an 11cm Obitsu girl!

((Czanne, sent you a PM))
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:35 am

Yep, I've had that happen with several dolls before.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Janeway » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 am

I have had this happien as well and l think it happien to all of us. One day you well find the right boy for your girl.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'