Go to footer

When a good idea goes bad...

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

When a good idea goes bad...

Postby Shyla » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:00 am

...and the result is both hilarious and inconvenient.

Soooo, some context.

Viridia wears glasses. Technically, squarish, narrow glasses with a hint of cat eye. But I found these in the scrapbooking section and they fit, it's a 4 pack, so I can experiment. But they needed some lenses. I have clear nail acrylic, which when buffed would work. I thought it would peel off the desk. No, not so much. :oops:
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: When a good idea goes bad...

Postby WhiteDove01s » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:03 am

You're going to have to try laying them on a bit of waxed paper.

My last desktop was like that... it's why when I had to save up for a new desk, well, this one is tempered glass. Hopefully, it will end up with fewer of my experiments stuck to it.

Just remember, it doesn't make it a bad idea! It's just a setback. :)
Playscale-Obsessed Mad Scientist with more cheap vinyl dolls than I'm willing to count.
Check out my 1/6 scale fabrics on Spoonflower!
http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/playscalefabric?rec=true
WhiteDove01s
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:14 pm

If you can find a surface they won't stick to, this is actually a great idea. Wonder if I could try it with regular glue?
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby babytarragon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:03 am

Hahaha this feeling is so familiar!

Are you going to have to acetone your desk??
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Shyla » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:50 am

I managed to pry one up with a cuticle pusher, but the other I just filed down and put the cutting mat on top of. I've got acetone "burn" marks on my mouse and a ps4 controller, from doing my nails, so I'm not too keen on trying it on my desk. I might get my dremel out and go to town once the lump really starts irritating me. XD

They actually make a a product, nail forms, that the acrylic won't stick too, but the ones I have are the wrong shape. >_> Wax paper might work, I'll test it before I put another pair on the line. (like i should have in the first place. -.-;)

I ended up using the plastic from a MH box to make lenses, held on with super glue, till I can get the courage to try again. XD

Glamour shot....
ImageDSC02401, on Flickr

The fun part is I can do scary shiny glasses.

ImageDSC02472, on Flickr
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Haha, Mattel's box plasic is a great resource! I used it to make an "invisible" handbag for Spectra once.
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'