Go to footer

I might have to say.... vinyl is

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

I might have to say.... vinyl is

Postby Trethowan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:23 pm

BETTER!!! Oh I said it, I went there. hehehehe

Since I've been doing so many photostories with the itty bitty obitsus I've gotten spoiled. Moving back to the SDs has been... challenging. Since when did they get so clumsy and oafish? Now, granted, the new carpet in my downstairs area is a PAIN to get a doll to stand on, so there's that, but still. It seems like they're more fussy than usual. Maybe everyone needs new elastic.

Man o' man, I think I want to do chibi only stories FOREVER. :lol:
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: I might have to say.... vinyl is

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:00 pm

LOL - well, I have to admit nothing beats vinyl for posing, but resin has so much more variety!

Have you tried wiring? That might help them hold poses better.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Trethowan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:LOL - well, I have to admit nothing beats vinyl for posing, but resin has so much more variety!

I've only tried whining, begging, and threatening. None of it has worked. :lol:
Trethowan

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Trethowan wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:LOL - well, I have to admit nothing beats vinyl for posing, but resin has so much more variety!

I've only tried whining, begging, and threatening. None of it has worked. :lol:

Threaten to electrocute them? That'll combine what you've done and the wiring :D

Sorry - I'll get me coat…!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:09 am

Like Grey-sama and ShortNCuddlyAm-san said, resin bjd NEED wiring if you want any type of poseability for photostories. There is no way we would be able to do ANY of the Hey!Hey!Hey! photos without the guys being completely wired from head to toe (to arms and even fingers!).

If you go with the wire, be sure to get sturdy wire that stays in place. It's been so long since we've wired but I believe we used 12 or 14 gauge electrical wire. It's really stiff! :) (Of course, the fingers just have craft/jewelry wire, but... :) )

Good luck!!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:34 pm

I'll get the car battery and some wire! hehehehe... My dolls are going to mutiny.

Thanks for the wiring gauge tips! I definitely need some help. Most of the stories I've done in the past were "low-action" but with the newer story line it's required more action scenes and I've had to cut so many of the pictures. It's definitely been frustrating. Also, a lot of my guys are getting older so their elastic is probably weakening. I should probably restring the older guys. *cough*Ivan*cough*

I'll head over to the hardware store and pick up a roll of coated wire. This could be an interesting project!
Trethowan

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Trethowan wrote:I'll get the car battery and some wire! hehehehe... My dolls are going to mutiny.

Its alive!!!! Its alive!!!!!

Or for certain shots you could use a doll stand and shoot only the upper torso. If not have a hand holding on to wall/chair/something a support in order to 'climb' or move on' or grab top of other doll's head. I done the beach shoot with Helen on the stand(covered by dress) to more or less support Jack's range of motion.
Its tricky since I'm not sure if I'm able to restring him at the moment if I dare unstrung..

*smacks Jack on the upside of the head*
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
Trethowan wrote:I'll get the car battery and some wire! hehehehe... My dolls are going to mutiny.

Its alive!!!! Its alive!!!!!

Or for certain shots you could use a doll stand and shoot only the upper torso. If not have a hand holding on to wall/chair/something a support in order to 'climb' or move on' or grab top of other doll's head. I done the beach shoot with Helen on the stand(covered by dress) to more or less support Jack's range of motion.
Its tricky since I'm not sure if I'm able to restring him at the moment if I dare unstrung..

*smacks Jack on the upside of the head*

Muahahahahahaaaaa!!!

When I lived back at the old house photostories were easier because I had my Magical Anywhere Couch and just leaned everyone against the couch. Plus the carpet was a tight weave. I love your doll-stand idea!!! I actually have one. Never occurred to me to use it.

I looked online. 12 gauge electrical wire is actually pretty cheap! I can get 50 feet of the stuff for under 8 bucks.
Trethowan

Postby K2! » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:58 pm

Trethowan wrote:I looked online. 12 gauge electrical wire is actually pretty cheap! I can get 50 feet of the stuff for under 8 bucks.

Just make sure it's solid not stranded.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Jobee » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I agree, I love vinyl!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'