Go to footer

Androgynous Sculpts?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Androgynous Sculpts?

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:32 pm

I was suprised that I wasn't able to find any discussions on androgynous dolls on DOA (in their general discussion forum, at any rate). I've long played with the idea of an androgynous doll, but I don't know if there are any manufacturers that have bodys that would work - something flat chested, but with a waistline of a sort.

I know a friend who actually modded one of her doll bodies to create the needed look for her androgynous boy. I'd rather not do that. I don't like female bodies that have their breasts sanded off, I don't like boy bodies that have their penis sanded either. It kills the resale value, if nothing else.....

So does anyone know of any companies that made this elusive sculpt?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Androgynous Sculpts?

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Well yes. Volks does "Angel Bodies," which are androgynous. Male, but with no penis. However, these are at Volks prices.

Well apparantly there is someone else who does Angel Bodies.

Island Doll does the "Wind Island".

http://www.acbjd.com/wind-island-61cm-angel-body-p-7284.html?cPath=415_416
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:02 pm

A long time ago Souldoll had Celestyn, you might be able to find one on the aftermarket. For a small doll, Sweet Doll Fairies are tiny 3D printed BJD that are neuter.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 am

I would suggest Iplehouse via their dollchoice system(opens 1st half the month and you need to login to view).
They have small boobs girls and women(nyid to EID) of which you can layer on clothes to look boyish. And if you're into tough, handsome women type, Dollchoice allows you to male head a female body and vice versa (Except the manly EIDs who are too bull neck for that). You would have to dig through DOA for owner pics if not go into the Iple Talk- Iple Data for company pic (need login)

If you want MSD size try their JID girls. boys or KIDs.

Mine(EID Luna head on small bust SID body) attempt to look boyish version 1
The most amount of boobage she has in the most so called revealing outfit she owns.

Attempting to boy. For some reason the Luna sculpt resembles EID Chase and SID Eric, both of which I wanted before that big dude there showed up. :lol: Her clothes came from an SD Gou which isn't as baggy as some of SD17 shirts I owned. If you do get an Iple female you might want to request for pointy nipples to be sand off.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:15 am

Thanks for the info! This is when I'd love to see a doll out there that could be "built" with various male and female pieces.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby K2! » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:23 am

I've always thought the Obitsu 55cm and 60cm bodies were pretty androgynous, gender generally being determined by the chest/bust vinyl they had.
For years my girl Diamond (below in red) was on a "male" 55cm body with a Volks Dollfie Dream bust/abdomen.

I always found it interesting than the 55cm male body had more shapely legs.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'