Go to footer

60cm Muscular female body

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

60cm Muscular female body

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:24 am

I forgot where I saw the post about people being keen on a muscular female (Here, DOA or etc) But yeah Nobility doll is taking orders for the muscle body.

Not exactly my style since I'm not upsizing my 1/6 Amazons
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: 60cm Muscular female body

Postby Vetinari » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:05 am

Is that the body with the somewhat ...infamous engineering issues?

The muscles look pretty cool, if a tad supermodel with drawn on muscles - but the weird jointage around the pelvic/hip area is dredging up memories of heavy modifications with an awful lot of epoxy to get the doll to actually stand/sit
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby happyknot » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:03 pm

IT IS! I can't believe they're selling it. It had been a custom group order years ago. On the other hand, seeing more muscle ladies would be awesome.

Still...that engineering issue does exist and it looks like they didn't fix it. There is hardly any socket in the thigh joint so the leg slips out very easily. (note the giant hole between the sockets - the ball joints rub together inside)

It's beautifully sculpted but this aspect of it was a disappointment. Even a stand wouldn't help that issue, you would have to use thick wires, or possibly modify the socket or joint some how. She sits well but I mean - with a body like that you don't WANT it sitting. So...yeah.

I am really surprised they are selling it without redesigning it in some way.
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby Vetinari » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Bwahaha! Gods that picture says it all doesn't it?

I do hope that anyone who does buy the body this time around knows what they're letting themselves in for! (I bought my Mecha Angel guy with eyes-wide-open about the posing issues, and I still feel like committing murder when trying to get him to stand!)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Vetinari wrote:(I bought my Mecha Angel guy with eyes-wide-open about the posing issues, and I still feel like committing murder when trying to get him to stand!)

By any chance either one of you have links to the thread about her posing issues. It would help the person in question mull it over.

I'm kinda glad you mention Mecha Angel since Sabik was my grail. 80cm of posing issue would have scare me a lot if I gotte him as a newbie. Made me glad of my Iple dude even though he's clunky at times.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Took a little bit of digging but here's the DOA complaints page and the thread of the one owner I know of who managed a thorough fix:

https://denofangels.com/threads/nobilit ... gn.510748/

https://denofangels.com/threads/nobilit ... dy.510913/

http://feetofclaydolls.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -work.html

https://denofangels.com/threads/warrior ... t=nobility

Edit: Apparently there's another fix-it thread floating around, but having some difficulty digging it up!

Hee! Yeah - much as Sabik was/is my grail posing issues and all, I'm very very glad I picked up a Super Gem sized head at the same time. Slightly-smaller!Sabik on the DZ72 body is so much easier to handle, and on that body still has similarly odd proportions to the MA beauty.
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'