Go to footer

Literal Doll Dreams?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Literal Doll Dreams?

Postby happyknot » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:46 am

Has anyone ever had a dream about the hobby? I had one last night!

I dreamed that I owned several MSD sized dolls that don't actually exist, in various stages of customization. One had "arms" made out of metal - they were actually segmented blades cut in to tribal designs. Her hips were painted to look like rusted copper. One looked like a typical baby doll but it had sculpted ruffled bloomers on. In my dream I started to freak out because some of my collection was missing; I was sure I had payed for them but they had never arrived.

It was a little disconcerting but it made me want to paint the dolls I do have, when I woke up!

What dolly dream did you have?
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Re: Literal Doll Dreams?

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Two that I can remember.

I got one of my first rerooted doll (my avatar pic) where I dreamt of her sitting of my desk, kicking her legs in the air and just singing away.

My fave one would be the one with the Iplehouse EID guy dolls. I think I was already waiting for my Dexter to be sent over during that time. And it played out like a facility infiltration/escape movie. the facility was full of them Iple dudes, Dexter was in cahoots with Avrid, sneaking around the place (I blame Metal Gear and the Jack West series for this). They were trying to break another dude out. While they were getting away, alarm bells sounded, there was some panic and security came after them.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby ButteryBass » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm sure I've had a dream like this at least twice, but I know I dreamt about coming across tons of monster high dolls being sold for super cheap, but not having enough money for ALL of them.
I think I woke up from a dream once and was saddened buy they fact that I didn't have whatever dollies I had dreamed about having
ButteryBass
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:33 pm

I had a dream fairly recently where we had a small-ish convenience store near home which had baskets of bjd-type doll parts on the lowest shelf of one aisle so you could buy parts to build your own doll. They also had cheap pre-packaged ones if you wanted a ready made one - they were about 1:6 scale and packaged a bit like 1:6 Obitsus, except they were Unoa - basically the 1:4 scale reasons scaled down! And at Obitsu prices :shock: :lol:
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:31 pm

I've had all sorts of dreams with my dolls in them, over the years. Sometimes they're inanimate, sometimes they're very alive. If anyone gets in my dreams, it's my Hujoo berries. One time they were almost burned and I had to rescue them! That was a scary dream.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby MitisFeles » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:14 am

I had one last night.

One of my first dolls, a cute, 70's chubby girl that was my mom's, started to leak a black fluid and I can't find a way to stop it.
It was awful, and I was so happy to wake up and realize it was a dream!
MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby happyknot » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:20 pm

I wonder what these dreams mean!
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby Qrinta » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:52 pm

I had a dream once that I was in a mansion playing with my three Iple dolls but they were alive like in Kiki's Comic Acrylic Eyes. We had fun exploring all the rooms together.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'