Go to footer

House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm

I've been looking at dolls online for YEARS now.... i think of them pretty much all the time. Sadly I haven't gotten one yet. :cry:

I've wanted one since we first got the internet when i was like 11 and I'm 20 now. 9 years of wanting, thats almost half my life! O_____O;
Luckily (and i say that VERY LOOSELY) we've had a kitchen fire recently and I have a large plushie collection worth quite a bit of money.... and some of them were lost to smoke damage. As far as i know, the ones i treasure most are safe... but i've lost a bunch i never had much attachment to.

Since i couldn't afford one before of course the money I'd get to replace them goes towards getting a doll! So far i got around $400 in damages for my stuff (with more to come). My mom is being difficult though and just hording all the money we've gotten, heres and mine, and spending it stupid things like make up and clothes when she has gotten pretty much all her stuff back unharmed...

Yesterday she told me i could get a doll and i gave her a few options of ones i wanted. She got hung up on the most expensive one like i was demanding it and flipped out on me for several hours. She agreed we could talk again today when she finally calmed down, took her awhile to realize that it wasn't even my main choice it was just one of the ones i liked a lot.

So hopefully later today i might be ordering my first doll. I came to this site to try to make friends who also have dolls or are interested in them. It'd be nice to be able to talk to people about them. Only one i ever talk about my pre-mature doll obsession with is my boyfriend and he thinks they're creepy ^u^||

then again he also thinks im really creepy most of the time.... lol
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Hello and welcome!
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Gift_in_Edge wrote:Hello and welcome!

thank you =D
SugarCorpse

Postby Dirili » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Sorry about your fire :( Hope you didn't lose anything too terribly important and glad that your favorite plushies are safe ^_^
Hope that you get the doll that you want too!
Would be nice to have something good come of it :)
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Dirili wrote:Sorry about your fire :( Hope you didn't lose anything too terribly important and glad that your favorite plushies are safe ^_^
Hope that you get the doll that you want too!
Would be nice to have something good come of it :)

I'm actually not sure if they're safe yet. they just haven't shown up in the lists of stuff lost yet. there are 2 plushies in particular that if i see them on a list i will probably have a break down about... lol i've had them both since i was two XD

and if my mom agrees to it i want to get an Anona from doll love =O
SugarCorpse

Postby maywong » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi and welcome.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dirili » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:36 pm

SugarCorpse wrote:I'm actually not sure if they're safe yet. they just haven't shown up in the lists of stuff lost yet. there are 2 plushies in particular that if i see them on a list i will probably have a break down about... lol i've had them both since i was two XD

uh oh, in that case, I really hope your plushies are safe!

Anona is a gorgeous doll! I love her face. And not terribly expensive either as bjds go.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on both matters.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 pm

maywong wrote:Hi and welcome.

thank you =D
SugarCorpse

Postby SugarCorpse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Dirili wrote:
SugarCorpse wrote:I'm actually not sure if they're safe yet. they just haven't shown up in the lists of stuff lost yet. there are 2 plushies in particular that if i see them on a list i will probably have a break down about... lol i've had them both since i was two XD

uh oh, in that case, I really hope your plushies are safe!

Anona is a gorgeous doll! I love her face. And not terribly expensive either as bjds go.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on both matters.

Thank you! i hope both work out as well.

i'm currently trying to explain why i want one so badly and why i feel its so important i get one =/ my mom doesn't get why i want one so badly at all. she thinks its just a toy and im silly for wanting such an expensive toy..... and the fact that im 20 and shouldnt have dolls is one of her biggest arguments =_=||
SugarCorpse

Postby Qrinta » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Psh! I'm twenty one and have yet to rid myself of a single barbie, baby doll, or stuffed animal. XD Actually, I've gotten rid of the over sized stuffed animals because they take up too much room but keep adding to the horde of beanie baby sized animals. XD Though looking around my room I'm a bit worried about the state of my dolls. There is dust and cobwebs on pretty much everything. ><

Welcome to the forums! I'm also new and just purchased my first BJD. *Dances with excitement* I hope your plushies are ok!
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'