Go to footer

On The Puki Series Of Tinies.

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

On The Puki Series Of Tinies.

Postby hanabushi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:03 pm

This might be a really obvious question but I'm super new to the whole BJD thing (or will soon be when my Hujoo Ted arrives).
I will at some point in the not too distant future own a Puki PongPong. Having looked at the other dolls in the Puki series, I am wondering how interchangeable faceplates might be between that and the Pipi, Sugar, etc. as long as the resin colors matched. The facial shapes look very similar, and it might be awesome to have more options as people are apparently always selling off faceplates.

Any thoughts on the matter are deeply appreciated. :)
hanabushi
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: On The Puki Series Of Tinies.

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:08 pm

I'm wondering what you would like to know? I'm still new to the Puki's myself but did get to see some up close last weekend. Changing face places and all.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:15 pm

As long as you get the same resin color - ie white or NS, puki faceplates are 100% interchangeable. I have three Pukipukisha and for two of them all I had were faceplates for the longest time until I bought bodies second hand :)

The easy interchangeability of parts such as hands, feet, faces, etc... is part of what makes Puki so darn charming to own!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby DollyKim » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:54 pm

You'll want the extra items like the sleeping and winking faces, Pukisha set, hands, feet... You can paint the parts with acrylic paint. Mine is a sleeping Cupid face, I was part of a group order where someone wanted face plates and the fullset stuff, the rest of us got bodies, sleeping faces, and anything else we wanted to add. He's wearing an outfit for the Kelly doll, they fit the Paula doll clothes too.

Mittens and boots
Pukisha set
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby hanabushi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:14 am

AlmySidaKay wrote:I'm wondering what you would like to know? I'm still new to the Puki's myself but did get to see some up close last weekend. Changing face places and all.

I was wondering if the different models--like the PongPong, Pipi, Sugar, etc. could all use each others' faceplates. Ideally I'd like to get a PongPong and then just add on faceplates as I see fit. :) I know that some of the Pukis have a different face-shape but was wondering if the head-mechanism made them fundamentally the same insofar as being..modular. Arg, I'm tired and hope that all was in something resembling English LOL. xD Thanks to all who have provided insight thus far. :)
hanabushi

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:32 am

The only puki that you canNOT swap faceplates with are the Realpuki - who look sort of like brian froud imps. They do have a different shape of head. However all pukipuki are interchangeable - no exceptions that I have ever heard of :)
Greyhaunt

Postby DollyKim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:09 am

I'd still like a Cupid 2 with the tongue sticking out. And they make ice skates now...
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby hanabushi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:The only puki that you canNOT swap faceplates with are the Realpuki - who look sort of like brian froud imps. They do have a different shape of head. However all pukipuki are interchangeable - no exceptions that I have ever heard of :)

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know. :D
hanabushi

Postby kittyasauras » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm

They are pretty addictive...

LOL I've since added a Rose to the collection. xD
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEK NEKKID PUKI!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha - seriously though, they are a cute bunch :)
Greyhaunt

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters