Go to footer

1:12 dollhouse dolls

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Re: 1:12 dollhouse dolls

Postby EAB » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 am

Oh, please can we have pictures of all these things? Just reading about them makes me salivate.
By the way, I know that dollhouse wiring comes on some kind of tape that you hide behind wallpaper and baseboards and such. I've never wired a house, but I've read about it. It didn't sound too hard, but I was only reading, not doing.
I think the battery-operated lights are a fabulous idea. It's amazing no one thought of it sooner. Do the fixtures take those batteries that go in watches so you can change them when they wear out?
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby richila » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 pm

EAB wrote:Oh, please can we have pictures of all these things? Just reading about them makes me salivate.
By the way, I know that dollhouse wiring comes on some kind of tape that you hide behind wallpaper and baseboards and such. I've never wired a house, but I've read about it. It didn't sound too hard, but I was only reading, not doing.
I think the battery-operated lights are a fabulous idea. It's amazing no one thought of it sooner. Do the fixtures take those batteries that go in watches so you can change them when they wear out?

Yes, they do. The one that i have even came with an extra battery.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:28 am

dollykim : I've been looking at one of the dollhouse kits at Hobby Lobby. I almost have enough saved up to buy it. My husband insists I paint the house gray with white shutters to match out house. :/ I'm not too sure about gray as our house is more of a battleship gray. *shakes head*

I hate to say it, but I don't go to yard sales anymore. I do hit up all the antique shops I can find and second hand stores. I've not had much luck at the 2nd hand shops around here lately. There are groups that go around to them (I was at Salvation Army one day when a group of folks was there) who were buying almost everything they could find that was considered to be vintage. They were talking about all the 'picking' tv shows and how they had to beat out these other groups that go out locally.

catshem : Awww...sorry to hear about the damage and things going missing. You know, there's nothing wrong with having a tub in the living room and a fridge in the bathroom! lol! It sounds gorgeous. I've love to see it so thank you for offering to take photos!

Random staircases opening up into kids' rooms and doorways with no doors? My gosh, that could almost be the Winchester Mansion, especially if you have stairways that go nowhere! ;D

My husband isn't too keen on the idea of the battery lights. I guess he wants me to actually learn something about electricity.

EAB : Image
It's still a WIP, though. Right now they're living in a greenhouse! LOL!
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters