Go to footer

Picco Neemo - Novi Star Hybrid

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Picco Neemo - Novi Star Hybrid

Postby Nko » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:24 pm

I've been inactive for a while here (and I see I missed a lot of interesting discussions :( ), sorry about that!

I wanted to share my new experiment: it is an attempt to give a Novi Star doll a posable and cute body. I think Novi Star doll are really cute and they're heads are pretty well done but I cant their bodies can't even sit, even if they have magic shi-fi effects... -_-

This is the first WIP pic of my Novi Star hybrid, I named her A.L.I.C.E. in honor of the Cern experiment *is a silly science nerd*.
The Piconeemo cartoonish body suits her and the proportions are fine, now I need to find a good way to make it the same color of the head. >_< It's similar to Novi Stars original body and it can fit some of their dresses, the arms are longer and the torso a bit larger (the doll's stock dress will need a small modification to let it close on the back)
The neck peg suits the head hole but it's losely attached to Picco Neemo body so mine got detatched and fell into the head.. I really don't how to take it out, so if you're planning to do this, glue it to the neck before putting the head on! Also the body joints are a bit too lose to hold such a big head and they don't keep the pose very well if standing or sitting (the heads needs to lean on something).

A.L.I.C.E. Novi Star Picco neemop hybrid WIP di N-k-o, su Flickr
Nko
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Re: Picco Neemo - Novi Star Hybrid

Postby Linainversetsg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Very cute! I had been thinking of trying Novi star clothes for my Picco neemo too, Thanks for sharing that they fit!
How do you plan to change her skin tone?
Can't wait to see her finished!
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:38 pm

What kind of shoes does she have on? Are those the Novi Stars shoes?
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Nko » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I'd like to paint her but I know it's going to be an hard thing... fortunately the skin is'n too smooth!

No, Novi Stars shoes have heels and are really too small! I think her shoes are for Lati dolls but I'm not sure, I'll ask and tell you. I found that most of those leather-like (not hard plastic) mary jane shoes they sell for Blythe (that are actually a bit too big for Blythe) fit her very well.
Nko

Postby Wardah » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm

What about dye?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ugg333 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm

She is very cute! Good idea to combine the body and the head, they look very nice together
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Nko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Thank you! ^^
I ended up painting it.. I don't feel confident in working with hot water and I can't find the correct paint to dye...
Here there are some pics of the repainted body! (WIP pics coming soon) Now It fits her better, I like it more than the original glittery Novi star body... and it's posable! *w*
I while painting it I had and "art attack" so I made her some tatoos with the same pattern of the eyebrows.
Let me know what you think! ^^

Novi Stars Picconeemo hybrid di N-k-o, su Flickr
Nko

Postby Linainversetsg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:40 pm

Wow! she looks fantastic! You did a fantastic job with the paint, it matches so beautifully!
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm

She looks adorable like that ^_^
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Wardah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Nko wrote:Thank you! ^^
I ended up painting it.. I don't feel confident in working with hot water and I can't find the correct paint to dye...
Here there are some pics of the repainted body! (WIP pics coming soon) Now It fits her better, I like it more than the original glittery Novi star body... and it's posable! *w*
I while painting it I had and "art attack" so I made her some tatoos with the same pattern of the eyebrows.
Let me know what you think! ^^

Novi Stars Picconeemo hybrid di N-k-o, su Flickr

Its pics like this that make me feel conflicted. On one hand the Picco body fits her perfectly and is wonderfully poseable but on the other hand I really like the clear bodies that Allie, Una, and Nita have. I am not as conflicted when it comes to Mae or Ari since those two don't have clear bodies.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters