Go to footer

My First Mod!: Hujoo Suve (NOT for the faint of heart)

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

My First Mod!: Hujoo Suve (NOT for the faint of heart)

Postby paladinari » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:55 pm

So just yesterday, my adopted Hujoo Suve arrived from Lamia of the Dark. I thought she was adorable, but I wanted to give her a more custom look and make her look less... babylike (yes, I know that this is the aesthetic point of this particular doll). And so, I got up the courage to do my first mod!

Um... I don't have any fancy tools around here, just my ingenuity. But I think that it worked out just fine ^.^*

Mods: I gave the ears adorable little pixie points. I also widened the eye holes to not only even out the openings (Has anyone else noticed that Suve has two different sized eyes? I saw this mentioned a few times in reviews!) but to make them a little less "squinty" as well. And... I just love big, beautiful eyes on dolls!

Tools: (stop reading now if you're a hardcore dremel-afficionado and/or mod purist!) metal nail file, wooden nail file (rough and fine grain), synthetic nail file (rough and fine grain), cuticle cutter.

Hey, it worked.

The picture is a little blurry, but all the shapes are there. More pictures soon of the finished doll! She gets a faceup tomorrow! (also another "first" for me)

At Home: Little Ari (Resinsoul Mei), Gilan (Resinsoul Song), Mina (Jun Planning Ai Cosmos), Yukiko (5StarDoll Tong Tong), Julia (Hujoo Yumi), Lion'a (Hujoo Suve), Ella (Jun Planning Hestia Isora), Mint (Fairland Pukifee PongPong, "unnamed thus far" (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Wish List: Delf Ani, Resinsoul Yun/5StarDoll Angelo (f.), Island Doll Emily, BJD Hamster pet
paladinari
Dolly Pardon

Re: My First Mod!: Hujoo Suve (NOT for the faint of heart)

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:28 am

Good for you! I can't wait to see her all finished!

Hey, it worked.

And that's all that matters! :mrgreen:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby EAB » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:48 pm

She looks really good. I was a little hesitant to look at first when I read, "Not for the faint of heart," because I wasn't sure what to expect, but she looks great.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby absynthe1972 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Wow! Nice!
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:29 pm

EAB wrote:She looks really good. I was a little hesitant to look at first when I read, "Not for the faint of heart," because I wasn't sure what to expect, but she looks great.

Yeah, I thought she meant a gore mod or something :lol:

The widened eyes look good though~!
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 pm

She looks great! Nicely done for someone without a dremel/whatever other tools people usually use.

I LOVE the elf ears!

(XD; I thought it was a gore mod too.)
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:28 am

hey, I was expecting gut-covered zombies.

that said, it looks great!
Trethowan

Postby paladinari » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:10 am

Hehe, thank you everyone! I'm glad that no one came back with, "What have you done!?" ^.^*

It's been a really good learning experience. Now if only I could finalize the faceup! Apparently I have more of a talent for this than I thought, but they seem to be so much fun to do and I can't seem to decide which I like best :D

(And no, no gore mods for me! Only cute things. Mostly elfy things...)

At Home: Little Ari (Resinsoul Mei), Gilan (Resinsoul Song), Mina (Jun Planning Ai Cosmos), Yukiko (5StarDoll Tong Tong), Julia (Hujoo Yumi), Lion'a (Hujoo Suve), Ella (Jun Planning Hestia Isora), Mint (Fairland Pukifee PongPong, "unnamed thus far" (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Wish List: Delf Ani, Resinsoul Yun/5StarDoll Angelo (f.), Island Doll Emily, BJD Hamster pet
paladinari
Dolly Pardon

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters