Go to footer

Bliss BJD 6.5 cm

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Bliss BJD 6.5 cm

Postby FacelessPuppets » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 am

I'm talking about these little cuties. I saw them on Etsy, and I'd like to know more about them before I want to buy one. I found a company site, http://blissbjd.com/ , but if one clicks on the "english" option it just takes you to their Etsy, so there's not a lot of information at all.
Do you know of anyone who has them? If so, what are they like?

>_> I was gonna post this on DoA too, but I'm too chicken, because I have no idea whether it's on or off-topic, or even known. Could possibly cause a debate.
FacelessPuppets
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Re: Bliss BJD 6.5 cm

Postby PopularFizzyDrink » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 am

Oh they are cute! I'm afraid I have no knowledge of them though, but I had to comment *unhelpful*
PopularFizzyDrink
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby DollyKim » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:13 am

Here's the Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlissBJD?ref=seller_info_count

Until they're on the approved list at DOA I'd avoid there but there is a contact button for the people running it.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby twiddle66 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:25 am

They are really cute, but when they send you to Etsy there are no dolls offered and when I look at the sales history for the etsy acct they never sold any dolls- only ears and accessories. And they only show a history of 16 sales which makes them too new for me. I get so tired of these mysterious start up companies giving very little info about the items they are selling. After the Charles Creature Cabinet fiasco I like to gather feedback from other buyers before sending my doll money off to a "black hole" and then waiting months in hopes of getting a package.

If the only english link they are going to provide is etsy then they should stock the history on etsy with more sales infor and details about the dolls and how their orders are accepted and promise fullfillment times.
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Jany » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:53 am

I've never heard of them either, but they're cute!
I did go and check DoA's off-topic list and they're not on it ... so maybe you could just start a thread including both your questions regarding the company, and the question whether the little ones are on-topic for DoA? It might cause a debate but they don't state whether or not they're on-topic (yet), so the question is bound to come up at some point anyway.
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby FacelessPuppets » Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 am

Update: I messaged the seller and told her I had been saving up for one, she put them back on and I caved and bought one >_>

I'm very excited, I'll definitely do reviews and stuff when she gets here, which I expect to be at least a month. I'll try to keep you guys updated in the waiting room!

I think I'm not going to ask the DoA mods if she's on topic until I've gotten one and taken some more descriptive pictures. They definitely seem to have all the jointing they want, though.
FacelessPuppets

Postby twiddle66 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 am

Oh thats Great! I'll definately be checking back to read your reviews! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby FacelessPuppets » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:39 am

She's here! The Bliss 6.5cm girl. My expectations are fully met about her, too!

This is not exactly what she looked like when she came out of the shipping box, it was a bit tidier around her. I was so excited I couldn't wait to hold her : D

She's heavily blushed in the face, but not on the body. I actually like it though.

Her wig is attached to her hat, but it didn't surprise me because it said so in the listing. I'm okay with that too, I want to make her another wig myself anyway. I also want to blush her lips some more, and maybe put on some shine.

Her headcap is only attached with some white tack thingy, I plan to give her a double tape to keep it closed. There doesn't seem to be much room for magnets.

Eyes and tiny S-hook, oh yes!

There is an adorable flower inside her headcap, I think it's the company's logo.

She even has a torso joint! This made me very happy.

Overall, a very happy buyer over here. She's strung with some kinda tiny seethrough elastic, a little loose but does the job. I'm happy that I got the green eyes, they fit the character perfectly and I won't have to buy new ones. I like the blonde hair too, will probably make her a very similar wig to wear without the hat. There were also a couple of bags in the case with a LOT of extra s-hooks, so that definitely won't be a problem.
FacelessPuppets

Postby Faydreams » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:46 am

She's absolutely adorable. How big is she compared to say a Puki?
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby FacelessPuppets » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:53 am

I don't know the actual size of a puki but I hear it's about 11cm or something, while she is slightly smaller than 7cm. I don't own a Puki though, otherwise I'd do a comparison.

Edit: took a picture of her with a regular sized Lego figure. That's about the best I could do.

FacelessPuppets

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters