Go to footer

modding Obitsu dogs?

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

modding Obitsu dogs?

Postby Jany » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 am

I hope this is the right place to ask ... I was wondering, can the Obitsu dog's head be modded? I'd love a cat for my dolls (the Obitsu dogs look too small for the kind of dog I'd like for them, so they're sort of out of the question) but as far as I know there are no cat skeletons, so I thought that maybe I could get the straight-eared dog and shorten the snout to make it more cat-like. The details will get lost in the fur anyway ... what do you guys think? Could it work?
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: modding Obitsu dogs?

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:46 am

Multiple pictures of a dog are at the bottom of the page http://dolfielittles.com/ob.html He's not very house cat like but could work for a larger wild cat. It looks possible to shorten the face. I'd almost say an Obitsu 11cm might make a better cat.

DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Rather than shorten the snout, I would widen the whole head. The head on the dog is a little small. I think that using the obitsu dog would actually work. I would love to see a cat!

It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Jany » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks, DollyKim and Zirconmermaid! I hope to be able to pick one up at Dolliverse in June, I'll keep you posted :-D
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters