Go to footer

Einin my Puki Puki Pipi

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

Einin my Puki Puki Pipi

Postby Faydreams » Sun May 05, 2013 10:03 am

Yeah, I bought a puki puki pipi and made him into a girl. What can I say, she suited my idea for a character better than the girl sculpts. :lol:

She was my first attempt at giving a Ball Jointed doll a face up. It was pretty scary for the both of us and took several months before either of us were ready to go through that. I think she turned out pretty nice in the end for a first try.

And without further staling she she is...

Einin Puki Puki by faydreams, on Flickr

Einin Puki Puki by faydreams, on Flickr

She was such a champ through her facial spa treatment.
The pen is mightier than the sword.... Unless this is a sword fight.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Re: Einin my Puki Puki Pipi

Postby absynthe1972 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:31 pm

She is really cute!
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun May 05, 2013 5:18 pm

You did an awesome job on her face - and Puki's are notorious for being their own self, and there really is no difference in gender, only clothes and personality!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun May 05, 2013 5:20 pm

She's gorgeous :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Faydreams » Sun May 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks. Yeah, they are determined to be who they want to be. Then again, so are most dolls. :lol:
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby twiddle66 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 am

REALLY SWEET! Congratulations on a job well done!

And as for gender--Pipi, to me has ALWAYS looked like a girl. I was dazed and confused when someone finally enlightened me to the fact that my Pipi (a girl as well) was actually considered a boy by Fairyland! LOL
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Mon May 06, 2013 7:48 am

twiddle66 wrote:REALLY SWEET! Congratulations on a job well done!

And as for gender--Pipi, to me has ALWAYS looked like a girl. I was dazed and confused when someone finally enlightened me to the fact that my Pipi (a girl as well) was actually considered a boy by Fairyland! LOL

Me too. I wanted one since I first saw a friend of mine's puki. She named her's Serena so when she told me it was actually considered a boy I said, "Do what?" It took me looking on their site to believe her.

Still he looks like a girl and my character wanted to be a girl so my puki puki pipi is a girl. I don't think Fairyland will mind.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Postby Nella » Mon May 06, 2013 9:18 am

She's adorable!
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby twiddle66 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:44 am

[/quote]

Me too. I wanted one since I first saw a friend of mine's puki. She named her's Serena so when she told me it was actually considered a boy I said, "Do what?" It took me looking on their site to believe her.

Still he looks like a girl and my character wanted to be a girl so my puki puki pipi is a girl. I don't think Fairyland will mind.[/quote]

Haha! I am pretty sure Fairyland will not mind if we even start considering their dolls an octopuss or a omeba or something -- as long as we keep paying for them! LOL
I think the fun thing about BJD's is the fact that every doll has the opportunity to become something completely unique in the hands of the owner.
You aren't locked into some commercially broadcast persona, like with playline characters. Very little characterization is created for most of the Fairyland Line.. a strange gendreless name (I will never be able to figure out where they get these names!) and a few pics act more like a suggestion rather than a true personality.

Its what most BJD collectors love about the genre.
twiddle66
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Faydreams » Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 am

twiddle66 wrote:

Haha! I am pretty sure Fairyland will not mind if we even start considering their dolls an octopuss or a omeba or something -- as long as we keep paying for them! LOL
I think the fun thing about BJD's is the fact that every doll has the opportunity to become something completely unique in the hands of the owner.
You aren't locked into some commercially broadcast persona, like with playline characters. Very little characterization is created for most of the Fairyland Line.. a strange gendreless name (I will never be able to figure out where they get these names!) and a few pics act more like a suggestion rather than a true personality.

Its what most BJD collectors love about the genre.[/quote]

So very true with the BJDs. So far Einin is the only one in my collection that I can actually touch. I just love the slightly heavier weight of her in my hands. The Kelly dolls are cute but not really all that interesting. Although I do like the newer Chelsea dolls. Their tiny faces seem more alive than the Kelly ever did. I have two of the Asian Chelsea's and one of the blonde. Once they get repainted they will have much more personality.

Still they don't hold a candle to Einin.
Faydreams
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters