Go to footer

How do I repair this obitsu arm?

Puki, Brownies, Petdolls - anything in the 5" scale bring'm here!

How do I repair this obitsu arm?

Postby furubafan3 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:56 am

As you all may know I own an adorable 11cm obitsu. I had just completed her face up and modded her arms so they wouldn't stop popping out and I finally felt like she became a full character. Unfortuantley, when I gave my doll to my sister to look at she snapped the elbow joint clean off.

Now the ball joint that represents the elbow only has one peg attatched to the upper arm. The other peg is slammed into the forearm socket and I can't get it out.

Is there anyway I can remove the peg without destroying it or the forearm?
furubafan3
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: How do I repair this obitsu arm?

Postby richila » Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 am

furubafan3 wrote:As you all may know I own an adorable 11cm obitsu. I had just completed her face up and modded her arms so they wouldn't stop popping out and I finally felt like she became a full character. Unfortuantley, when I gave my doll to my sister to look at she snapped the elbow joint clean off.

Now the ball joint that represents the elbow only has one peg attatched to the upper arm. The other peg is slammed into the forearm socket and I can't get it out.

Can you get a picture? Is there enough surface to use Superglue gel to reattach? I re-attached one of Cordie's fingers with it. You have to let it sit for 24 hours to have a permanent bond.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Fri May 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Get a pin or needle, poke it into the stuck piece of peg, carefully use it to pull the stuck piece out of the socket.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby furubafan3 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:13 am

richila wrote:
furubafan3 wrote:As you all may know I own an adorable 11cm obitsu. I had just completed her face up and modded her arms so they wouldn't stop popping out and I finally felt like she became a full character. Unfortuantley, when I gave my doll to my sister to look at she snapped the elbow joint clean off.

Can you get a picture? Is there enough surface to use Superglue gel to reattach? I re-attached one of Cordie's fingers with it. You have to let it sit for 24 hours to have a permanent bond.

Here are some photos.
Sorry if they are super large, My cell phone is lost so I had to borrow my boyfriend's for photos.

furubafan3
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby furubafan3 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:14 am

Lamia of the Dark wrote:Get a pin or needle, poke it into the stuck piece of peg, carefully use it to pull the stuck piece out of the socket.

I tried to stick a pin and hammer it in but I can't secure the arm to properly push it in. I only succeeded in chipping plastic bits off the stuck peg.
furubafan3
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby ~afamiliarillusion~ » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 am

Try this at your own risk but...maybe try to very carefully dip a toothpick or pin in super glue and then touch it to the peg VERY CAREFULLY!! and when it dries gently pull the peg out, and break off the pin. Then you can try gluing the peg back to the joint or just replace the joint if you can. That would be the best option.
~afamiliarillusion~
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby yah » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 am

Sorry, I don't have 11cm body. but...

Remove shoulder joint from that upper arm.
if you can see the head of joint piece, push it from shoulder side with any stick.

I think those joint holes are penetrating a arm part.
yah
i see dead dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Do you have a tiny drill?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Return to Board index

Return to Tiny Critters