Go to footer

Head Arrival

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: Head Arrival

Postby Sixoclock » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 am

Thank you Itsaiya!!! Luts makes the Abadon. :) I am not quite sure on his name yet, as he may be the next incarnation of one of my crew. There's also one other issue... His damn head cap... The one magnet WILL NOT stay glued in. I tried gorilla glue super glue and as soon as you go to atach the head cap to the head, the magnet that is in the head sucks the magnet right outta the head cap. >__>;;;; It's infuriating. I am about to buy some apoxy but.. ugh, dunno if I feel like going through that much effort right now, lol.

Other than that, the stains did lighten from all my previous work, they just aren't getting any lighter. :/
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Resu » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 pm

PawnFeral wrote:Thank you Itsaiya!!! Luts makes the Abadon. :) I am not quite sure on his name yet, as he may be the next incarnation of one of my crew. There's also one other issue... His damn head cap... The one magnet WILL NOT stay glued in. I tried gorilla glue super glue and as soon as you go to atach the head cap to the head, the magnet that is in the head sucks the magnet right outta the head cap. >__>;;;; It's infuriating. I am about to buy some apoxy but.. ugh, dunno if I feel like going through that much effort right now, lol.

Other than that, the stains did lighten from all my previous work, they just aren't getting any lighter. :/

Have you tried leaving the magnet alone overnight after gluing it on? I had that happen to me with one of my boys' head cap. The magnet kept getting sucked out after I glued it in. Then on my last try, I got distracted with something else after I glued the magnet in and didn't put the head cap back on until a few days later. It stayed! =D
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Itsaiya » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:57 pm

That stinks, about the stains D:
As for the magnet, this happened to my ED Red. Just glue and leave 24 hours for it to fully bond to the materials it's being used on (one side of the resin, and the magnet side). I usually use Goop for all tough stuff that I don't wanna put hotglue anywhere near :lol: That stuff takes 24 hours (but sometimes I got at it, after 2 hours >.>) for it to fully set, but when it does, it ain't going no where... they use this stuff for like....gluing heavy glass to things/each other and other things o_O Usually gotta be in a ventilated area though, for Goop. DUnno about other heavy duty glues o.o
Akihito [DZ Yuu], Red [ED Red], Sweetpea [DF Popo], Apollo [BBB Apollo], Reli [B&G Sharon], (phoenix) Efriete [B&G Afra], (human) Efriete [Migidoll Miho], Seth [Migidoll Ryu], Horus [Obitsu 50cm].

Do want: DR Xiao chi [as Xieu]; DOD Luke v2 [as Daven]; DIM Rain [as Rain]
Itsaiya
Dolly Pardon

Postby Sixoclock » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 am

Hmm. Well, thanks for the advice guys! I actually had wait 24 hours or more for the magnet. :( Worst part is, when I double checked yesterday the magnet that would not stay in pulled the other magnet (the one in the head) out!!! I think I will check out the Goop stuff and give it a try.

On the brighter side, I tested out a wig on him and not only does it look wonderful, but it hides the stains. :)
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AmberRose » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 pm

sorry about the magnet woes, but a good wig rally makes things awesome ;)
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby haruredjen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 pm

Aw rats, I wanted to see the pics but they don't show up. :( I adore Abadon.
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Sixoclock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:54 pm

haruredjen wrote:Aw rats, I wanted to see the pics but they don't show up. :( I adore Abadon.

Awwww sorry Haru. :( I is spended waaaaaaay too much money so I had to sell some stuffs and despite not wanting to give this guy up, I had to. :/
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale