Go to footer

Saw this at my TRU

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Re: Saw this at my TRU

Postby DollyKim » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Tom Tennant is a good idea for a name. I would thing there could be a way to fix derpy eyes by poking at them a bit, but as he's a boy and there's going to be lots of him you're sure to find another.

I need to make mine a super suit next time I'm sewing but I'd love to see clothes other people make for theirs :)
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby magkelly » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm hoping to grab another Gavin at some point to make a green eyed blond maybe. I'm going to scalp him, wig him, and change up his eye color. But at $25 a pop I might have to will till after Christmas to be able to afford another one of him. I don't know MT's just don't seem to be selling a whole lot around here and almost everyone but TRU has totally stopped carrying them. I'm thinking getting more down the road just might not happen.I actually had to go online to get my Gavin and Leigh. I couldn't get them even at TRU here so I am not likely to find another locally.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm

His looks rooted.

Someone in the comments said that he looks like Zac Efron. Lol, I agree.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby magkelly » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:50 pm

He is rooted, but the hair is good, at least on the one I have. Not sure about the Zac Efron thing. I'll have to go look on Google to see. I don't pay much attention to HSM stuff except for the clothes.
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:35 am

The thing with TRU is check their weekly ads, they will have "for f**ks sake buy one" sales where you get free things, especially if it's something that isn't selling. I've seen plenty of BOGO Moxie sales, and who says you can't return/exchange an unwanted unopened doll because you don't need it? They understand "we already have the blonde and need the brunette but you're out of her" syndrome.

I was tempted to buy X amount of stuff for a free thing once.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Wardah » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:05 pm

I have heard the new Bieber bodies are poseable and a good color match for Gavin.
Last edited by Wardah on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 am

I haven't seen Moxie Teenz in Dutch toystores for a while at all anymore, I doubt they'd get Gavins in stock...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials