Go to footer

Odd scale Moxie/Liv Hybrid (now with pic)

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Odd scale Moxie/Liv Hybrid (now with pic)

Postby Wardah » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:54 am

I recently made my dream Liv body and Moxie Teenz head hybrid. I was bored and I don't have the style of head I want to put on the MT body yet so I popped the Liv head on there. Unexpectedly the result was actually really pretty and realistically proportioned. She is 14 inches tall so she is too tall for 1/6 scale but too short for 1/4 and she somewhat reminds me of a resin dollie now. I don't have a camera since I am on Winter Break but when I go back hopefully I'll get the camera again so I can get some pics.
Last edited by Wardah on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Odd scale Moxie/Liv Hybrid

Postby myotishia » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:28 pm

That sounds really cool. Can't wait to see :)
feeling unwelcome. It was a good sanctuary while it lasted. I'll miss you guys. .
myotishia
Dolly Pardon

Postby Wardah » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:42 pm

I was planning on putting a Blythe clone head on a MT body but I want to do several Liv bodies with MT head hybrids. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the extra bodies and heads but now I think I'll keep a few like this.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Ah, someone else discovers the joy of the MT/Liv hybrid.

I was using a "pure" Liv as Cherry for a month or so, but at Christmas I simply had to revert to the Melrose-head-with-Tristen-eyes-and-repainted-lips-on-a-Daniela-body version of Cherry I have loved for almost two years now. Even if she does have a broken and glued-together foot, she's still my precious beautiful girl.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:58 pm

embyquinn wrote:Ah, someone else discovers the joy of the MT/Liv hybrid.

I was using a "pure" Liv as Cherry for a month or so, but at Christmas I simply had to revert to the Melrose-head-with-Tristen-eyes-and-repainted-lips-on-a-Daniela-body version of Cherry I have loved for almost two years now. Even if she does have a broken and glued-together foot, she's still my precious beautiful girl.

I have both kinds of MT/Liv hybrids. I have a Leigh head on a Katie body as well as a Katie head on a Leigh body. The Leigh head on a Katie body is 1/6 while my Katie head on a Leigh body doesn't really fit into any specific scale category. Each one has a different aesthetic with one looking cartoony while the other looks more realistic.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Well I finally got a picture of both the odd scale one and the 1/6scale one. The weird thing is I only switched heads between Katie and Leigh but the MT head on the Liv body seems to match better than the other way around. I think I'd like to give the big one lashes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41020179@N ... otostream/
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Odd scale Moxie/Liv Hybrid (now with pic)

Postby Evelien » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 pm

That LIV head on the Moxie Teen body doesn't look half bad..! :D
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials