Go to footer

Chinese New Year 2012

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Chinese New Year 2012

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:33 am

Taken over a span of a few weeks. The outdoors shoot is the first part. I'm still shooting the indoors one :P

Here comes a new Zodiac year
You must accept Sheng Long to stand a chance (Still sounds wrong, like you have to accept a punch from him)

A family outing. The Gretels sort of adopted them as parental figures.

Megu-Chun and Obi-Chun wearing outfits that were rescued from the mid-autumn failure

The bridge

Festive plants on sale

The reject had lost much of it leaves. I done another version with a different plant but I still prefer Kula's expression on this one.

Between the temple and the night market. The touristy section of Chinatown

Heading to the bay.

I was here last year in day time. This year in the evening, except that it wasn't fully open on preview day and I wasn't free to visit on regular opening days. Kinda thankful that there were decent light sources for me to stand nearby and shoot

Megu-Chun does greeting card duty

No Top Gun ride at the fair this year

Found a good prop for the indoors shoot

Its kinda weird. I was suppose to do my indoors shoot last week over the long weekend but Ryu's wrist peg totally broke off. Ended up only shooting parts of the indoors shoot and the rest of the dolls don't seem keen to continue if he's not in the main shoot :lol: Now that his wrist is fixed and his hands got changed out, i can continue.

My figmas want to play. One more pink hair figma and I'll have the Gorgon sisters (granted Luka is more of a siren)

]Image
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: Chinese New Year 2012

Postby EAB » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Iwa Hoshi, I always enjoy your photos and these are no exception. Everyone looks great, and the lighting, locations, color are all wonderful. I'm also impressed that you carry so many dolls around to a public place (along with camera), set them up, and manage to get such great shots. I'd love to try it, but I don't think I could manage. I'm afraid people would just run over them.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:07 am

Most of the time I'm holding them by the legs(the 50cm obi as well) or sticking the 1/6 magnet feeted Obis onto the 50cm Obi's metal plate and holding that instead. Bluetac is also handy when you want to stick an extra stand to hold the non magnetic feet guy).

Anything more than 3 dolls involves the metal plate or there just happen to be a metal box/railing handy :lol: And then my camera is in my other hand. I should probably invest in a tripod to hold my dolls like what my friends do. :lol:

Most people just stared or ask some questions, you'll get used to it after a while. It is a form of photography after all and the dolls are your models
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby paladinari » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 pm

What beautiful pictures! You found some really awesome backgrounds and props. So colorful! ^.^

At Home: Little Ari (Resinsoul Mei), Gilan (Resinsoul Song), Mina (Jun Planning Ai Cosmos), Yukiko (5StarDoll Tong Tong), Julia (Hujoo Yumi), Lion'a (Hujoo Suve), Ella (Jun Planning Hestia Isora), Mint (Fairland Pukifee PongPong, "unnamed thus far" (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Wish List: Delf Ani, Resinsoul Yun/5StarDoll Angelo (f.), Island Doll Emily, BJD Hamster pet
paladinari
Dolly Pardon

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:57 pm

All the bright colors look so pretty! I always love seeing your pictures.
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby djhirokun » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh I love your photos. Awesome shots in wonderful locations Which Ryu is that? Never seen one with removable clothes.
djhirokun
i see dead dolliehs

Postby PerlaNemesis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 am

Very beautiful photos. I love them so much! <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:34 am

djhirokun wrote:Oh I love your photos. Awesome shots in wonderful locations Which Ryu is that? Never seen one with removable clothes.

He's the 12 inch Capcom vs SNK Ryu from made by High Dream. There's a Ken, Terry Bogard and Iori from the series. Some might be available on ebay or Amazon. Other than this series, there's still the 12 inch Hasbro one and a nameless Hong Kong brand Alpha/Zero series Ryu which i also have and hybridized onto a more articulated body.

Mine got hybridized on a Volks Neo Guy body though.
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby AthenaSong » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Megu-Chun and Obi-Chun are the cutest pair I've ever seen! :D
AthenaSong

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials