Go to footer

Mirodoll...?

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Mirodoll...?

Postby Lily » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:04 am

Really looking closely at this company right now. I've loved the head formerly known as Wind - http://www.mirodoll.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8&zenid=9peb8b1u30o1fa5e9dq4sa53g4 - for the longest time, since I first saw owner pics, and there's something so unique and joyful about this head - http://www.mirodoll.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=8&zenid=9peb8b1u30o1fa5e9dq4sa53g4. I also really love the Thunder body - I've never had a male doll except for a few Tommies and Kens and Rios, but that body makes me think that maybe it's time.

I've also been looking at their new MSD size girls - the body seems a massive improvement on their old MSD body, and more proportional with their heads. I don't know if I'd want one of their mini heads. I can't tell if I'd like Rosa or not, given their horrible BBB style pictures for her. I suspect it might be like BBB and she'd be much cuter in person. I'm also wondering if it would hybrid well with a BBB head. Or, if Planetdoll do their usual "spend X and get a free head" end of year sale, if it would make an extra body.

I have to admit that Mirodoll have two things really going for them - their price (my answer to the DoA parroted "you should save for what you really want!" is "I should get a doll that doesn't put a hole in my saving for a mortgage deposit, then?", or would be, if I had the energy for arguing with college kids about responsible finances) and their relative obscurity. I like underdogs, and the more obscure the company and cheap and horrible their website, the more my terrible temptation to get one to see what they are really like. :D

I know there are some Mirodoll body owners out here... what, kind dollie people, are they like? Is the white paper white? The normal skin looks quite pink - is it? What is it like weight and texture wise? (I don't object to either heavy and velvety or light and slick, I have both and in between and I can see the advantages of either, but it would help with hybrid decisions.) How are the seams?

Any info or reviews you could give me would be very gratefully received.
Lily
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Mirodoll...?

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:08 am

LOL - my response to that old cost sing song is that I happen to LIKE the less expensive dolls so where is the problem? hahahahaha.

As for Miro-doll, honestly I've never heard of them myself - which means nothing since there are soooooo many doll companies out there. The dolls look nice - the bodies are certainly well sculpted - those boys are ripped! Not sure if anyone here has one, but I'll be interested in knowing what you find out :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 am

I have two Miro boy bodies. Have not deboxed them yet because summer was insane so far as work went. So I will in the next couple days and tell you who matches what. I ordered one WS and one NS.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby OkamiKodomo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 pm

I've been eyeballing those Mirodolls since claws got one.

VV, I too am wondering who matches what. Maybe you could do an info thread with pics or something, if you have time? I'm really crossing my fingers on one of their resins matching Impldoll or Resinsoul.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Pandor » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm looking forward to that, VV! :) I've been wondering if Mirodoll/Lost Angel NS would match some DZ skintone or other...

Also, someday I WILL get a Thunder head and body and make Magus... I WILL! *scheming*
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Lily » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Thank you! Really looking forward to it. :)
Lily
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:29 am

Claws' box opening, posted in September:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3774
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby EAB » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 am

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing matches, too, for future reference.
I think this head is definitely the best head they make. She looks happy and expectant.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lily » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:51 am

Which one, EAM?
Lily
i see dead dolliehs

Postby EAB » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:45 pm

The head formerly known as Wind, I guess. The two heads in the links are both 04; same head, yes?
The only other head on the Miro site that is at all similar to the 04 head is the 09, which I think is the 1/4 version of the 04.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials