Go to footer

Victoria Hollow comes home - Dollmore Trinity Lumie

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Victoria Hollow comes home - Dollmore Trinity Lumie

Postby Stormlight » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Okay! Trying this again. In the right forum, this time. :roll:

I was starting to think she wouldn't show up until next week, but around 2:30, the doorbell rang and there stood the postman with a really HUGE box and a smaller box on top. My sister actually got to the door before I did, and all I heard from her was "Whoa." I knew instantly it was for me. :dance

The guy tells me the small box is pretty light but the big one is REALLY heavy, and he wasn't kidding! I thought my 70cm boys were hefty but holy cow! They're featherweights in comparison! lol

Anyhoo! On with the show. I did it down in my own space because everyone is home and I prefer privacy as I make a huge mess. :blush

The two boxes:

See? Huuuuuge box. Took up pretty much the entire length of my bed! My cat (you can kinda see her behind the box) gave me one wide-eyed glance, and then quickly proceeded to look unimpressed. I guess she's seen me open enough dolls that she isn't phased anymore.

Let's start with the small goody box.

Ooooo! Stuff! I like stuff. Stuff is fun! :mrgreen:

First up is ... the free goodies bag. It contains the new Dollmore calendar, a bookmark, a little comb thingy, and oooo stuff for Victoria! A free wig, another pair of eyes, a shirt, and a pair of striped stockings!

Next is the white gothic dress, red wig, boots, and two pairs of eyes I'd bought for her.

And what's in the hatbox, I wonder?

Ahhh! Her fullset stuff! Very nice.

Next box in next post. :)
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Victoria Hollow comes home - Dollmore Trinity Lumie

Postby Stormlight » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:35 pm

And now for the main event. I LOVE that she comes with her own carry bag, instead of another huge box I'd probably just throw away.

MUMMY!

I had to take a shot of her gorgeous hands. Beautiful blushing job.

And here she is, sans clothes. And there is my other cat, laying behind her. Looking equally unimpressed. They are both totally ignoring the gigantic box on the floor behind the bed. I guess no cat-in-the-box shots this time around. Those rebels. :roll:

And, here she is fully dressed, after a rather difficult struggle to lift her heavy ass and maneuver her into it. I'd imagine dressing babies and toddlers might be similar. Only with less wriggling involved. :lol:

I'll probably wait awhile before trying her other wigs and clothes and changing her eyes. I absolutely love her faceup. I do have to message Dollmore, though, and let them know that her foot is obviously chipped around the edge, and ask if they'll send a replacement (although since I'd ordered seam sanding, it'd have to be sanded, too). I'm not TOO fussed over it, but still, I'd rather not risk it chipping worse or developing into a crack or anything. I'd had worries about her arriving with broken fingers or something, so in comparison a chipped foot is ... well, not BETTER, but at least it can be hidden with shoes.

Anyhoo! There is my box opening. I may get up the energy to drag a couple of my dolls out and set them up beside her for comparison shots later. We'll see.

Incidentally, both of my cats are curled up behind me on the bed and STILL ignoring the huge-ass box on the floor. They are just no fun anymore. :lol:
Stormlight

Postby Qrinta » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:57 pm

She's lovely, congrats!
Those spoilsports, cat in box pictures are the best. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby Stormlight » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:13 am

I know, right? :lol: I actually flipped the box over, so now they have a little "cave" to hide in. They're all over that! Naturally, can't get any decent pics of them in it. :roll:

This morning I decided to change Tori's outfit, eyes, and wig. I really like the red eyes. Still have to try the bright turquoise on her, though, and Dollmore sent a free pair that are pale peach.

And I took a shot of her standing with my Dollmore Model boy, who is 70cm. He stands almost as tall to her as she stands to me! And after maneuvering her heavy body around, lifting him was like whoa! Where'd all his weight go? :lol:

Stormlight

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 am

Amazing! She's absolutely beautiful and I love the outfit and wig, too!! She's so BIG! WOW! You must be so happy with her!! Just lovely!!!!!

I love Dollmore dolls----they're so beautiful, and expressive!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Oh, I know! I am thrilled with her. And she's going to be spoiled, I can tell. I just got back from the mall and I have a bag full of infant clothes for her. She can supposedly wear size 24 month leggings and skirts, and I think size 2 or 3 toddler in shirts and such. And in shoes she can wear a size 4 to 5 toddler. So I managed to find some good deals in clothes, and one pair of pale gold shoes with a rose on the top. So cute! And I paid less than half the cost for all of this than I did for that single white outfit from Dollmore. lol Haven't tried the clothes on her yet, I have to be out and running again shortly. But it does look like they'll fit her pretty well.
Stormlight

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:38 pm

She's a giant!

She is lovely though.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 pm

I saw your photos on Facebook and I'm just utterly thrilled with how adorable she is! She looks really great with the red hair and the white dress! <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby littlesamuraigirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 pm

She is gorgeous and wow I didn't even know they made BJDs that big o.o How tall is she, exactly?!

Congrats on her arrival! ^^
littlesamuraigirl
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Qrinta » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:59 pm

O.O I love the red eyes and wig on her! Can't wait to see more. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials