Go to footer

New Hujoo!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

New Hujoo!

Postby VirgoVertigo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:30 pm

my first real BJD, and now it's time to post pictures! i got her a day or two after christmas.

these are the only two pictures i have of her so far. she needs to be sanded, face-upped, and lordy do i need to find someone to style her wig (i CANNOT do it, i can't even cut my own hair @_@ ), but her eyes and the eye putty are coming in the mail soon! her name is Nadine, and i love her very much. she's a princess from a faraway land, and she is very quiet and humble with touches of spirit all over. she loves to meet new friends and socialize!
More Waifu Will Ruin Your Laifu

MLP Arena: PuddingPie
Instagram: @virgo_vertigo (check out my store, @vergo_vertigo_shop !)
VirgoVertigo
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: New Hujoo!

Postby VirgoVertigo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:31 pm

EDIT: forgot to add that i put it in "misc scale" because i've heard that hujoo's aren't exactly a set scale ... please correct me if it's in the wrong place!

VirgoVertigo

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:41 pm

She looks great - love her dress :)
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Aeilia » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Congratulations on your first BJD! She looks lovely. She has a very pretty dress, very suitable for a princess!
Aeilia

Postby VirgoVertigo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:32 pm

thanks to both of you! ^^ i want to buy her some more dresses soon. i'm so happy that she pretty much fits barbie clothes (except pants, of course ... barbz has got those long gazelle legs) and pullip clothes!

VirgoVertigo

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 am

You can post her in the 1/6th scale part of the forum, she fits in that size range... although we're not too fussy about putting things in the wrong place. (Mods will relocate the thread for you if you ask, but it's fine here as well.)

>_< I love Hujoos, and I have 5 of them... >_> although I hybrided my Wings boy onto an Obitsu slim male body because the hip and shoulder joints on the 1/6th scale Hujoo body bother me.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby VirgoVertigo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Lamia of the Dark wrote:You can post her in the 1/6th scale part of the forum, she fits in that size range... although we're not too fussy about putting things in the wrong place. (Mods will relocate the thread for you if you ask, but it's fine here as well.)

>_< I love Hujoos, and I have 5 of them... >_> although I hybrided my Wings boy onto an Obitsu slim male body because the hip and shoulder joints on the 1/6th scale Hujoo body bother me.

five Hujoos!! :o amazing!! i would love to see the Wings/Obitsu hybrid!

VirgoVertigo

Postby FacelessPuppets » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Whoa, I didn't realize the Hujoo sculpt looked so pretty in chocolate skin *__* Your girl is beautiful.

I myself have... Whoa. I actually have 9 hujoos. I didn't realize that until now. (maybe I sould get one more to have ten... Bad Puppets! Bad!)

What kinda eyes are you planning for her? :) I look forward to seeing her complete.
FacelessPuppets
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby VirgoVertigo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 pm

FacelessPuppets wrote:Whoa, I didn't realize the Hujoo sculpt looked so pretty in chocolate skin *__* Your girl is beautiful.

I myself have... Whoa. I actually have 9 hujoos. I didn't realize that until now. (maybe I sould get one more to have ten... Bad Puppets! Bad!)

What kinda eyes are you planning for her? :) I look forward to seeing her complete.

thank you so much! X//u//X it makes me so happy to hear that you think she's pretty!
she actually just got her eyes last week, and the eye putty came in on saturday. no pictures yet, but i bought some custom made eyes off of ebay (i really do trust that place too much ... !) that have the irises looking alike to a galaxy. although i'm not sharp on the science of it, i think outer space is so so pretty ... i just had to!
nine hujoos is a lot!!! :o the photos on the hujoo website really don't do the doll any good, as the skin is much darker in real life than it is in the photos. i was really taken aback when i took the doll out from the package she came in.
of nine hujoos, your surely must have a favorite sculpt! my favorite is yomi, but due to my mother being unfamiliar with the hujoo website i got a standard hujoo sculpt instead. i love her, too!

VirgoVertigo

Postby FacelessPuppets » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, I like all of my sculpts for different reasons. My Berry was my first though, and I take my Suve with me EVERYWHERE.
This is a hard choice D: I love all of them, it's difficult to choose.

I think the basic Hujoo is an underrated sculpt, she looks so alienly pretty *__* I was amazed at her face when I got mine, I just meant for her to be a stereotypical creepy doll, but her face is captivating, ya know?
FacelessPuppets
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials