Go to footer

Disney Prince & Princesses - All 13 Couples & Friends

Barbie, Jenny, Fashion Royalty, Obitsu and 1/6 resins - basically anything 10-12inch/21-27cm or in the neighborhood.

Disney Prince & Princesses - All 13 Couples & Friends

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Edited: 7/25/2015 -- I redid some of the Prince dolls with their new head sculpts (or at least new hair sculpt) and added lashes and shading to all the princesses. :) Updated photos posted below.
A few weeks' ago, the Disney Store released all 12 'prince' dolls with their 'designer' head sculpts. I quickly bought them all but knew I was uncertain on a few of them, to say the least. Once I got them, I immediately gave them all accurate faceups to the characters so I could really see if I didn't like them still, and alas, for about 5 of them, I STILL preferred their original older sculpt! But I wanted their 'designer' sculpted hair, so I set about making flexible resin casts of the new sculpts' hair, making a thin layer 'wig' so to speak, and then attaching with epoxy the new 'wig' onto the old sculpts! It worked like a charm and now I'm happy because I have their better accurate sculpts, but with their better 'designer' sculpted hair!
Only one prince is still left out in the cold---Prince Adam from B&tB. Long story, slightly short, is that first I bought all the new guys except Beast, because I thought it was just his 'beast' form, which I didn't need. (Still had his terrific costume from DS 1st edition Adam doll in 2009) So I ordered all the others, and then went back to Beast's DS page, and read 'With Removable Head' so I thought---oh! He IS a designer Adam underneath! So I called DS and added him to my order (though I had to buy another Eugene to get the '2 for $20' price) which I did. When he came as well, I peeked in the box and said to my sis 'There is no way there is a human head under here! It just looks like a long peg!' I thought, maybe his head is in the hunchback section but I looked and said 'Impossible!'. My sis said 'it has to have a head! The site says 'with removable head' so she opened the box and once out, she tore off his head.....
to reveal nothing but a head peg!
We stared at him for a few seconds and then just laughed our hearts out for five minutes at the absurdity of it all! :laughs: We went back to DS page and yup, still (even now) says 'with removable head.' Removable? For what? To see a peg? Then all Ken/doll heads are 'removable' if going by that!
I'm sure it was just that DS didn't/hasn't updated their page to reflect that he no longer is a prince doll with a removable beast head. He's just a full Beast doll! I notice now a few others have commented on that in the reviews section, too. I wonder when they will notice and fix their error. :) Anyway, his legs and hands are so awesomely 'beast' that I decided to keep him for my 'beast costume' and sell the actual older costume. (Which was great, but I love the feet on this guy!)
I bought his new doll here:
http://www.disneystore.com/the-beast-cl ... 7/1000259/

See the 'with removable head'!?! :laughs:

Anyway, so until they come out with a 'designer' Adam head, this one is still 'hair sculpted-less.' I was thinking I might put a flexible cast of John Smith's hair onto Adam to give him the 'sculpted look' but I'm not in a big rush. I think I'll wait a little while and see if any designer/updated Adam head ever comes out. :)

Well! I think I've rattled on enough, eh? :) On to the new photos! I didn't retake them with all their 'sidekicks' (yet) so those pics are still the same, but the individual ones are the new ones. I made them all glance/look at each other, now, too, so they look more enamored of each other. :) (Plus I love side glancers!)
Let's see, the 1st picture is with the new guys/new faceups (all 13 sets together).

Also, check my next thread for all the 13 couples in their wedding outfits I just finished making/compiling! :)

From Feb 2015:
I finally got around to photographing my Disney 1/6 dolls!! It's been YEARS since I started collecting them and I think they are finally complete.

However, when I got to certain 'couples and friends,' I discovered that I am missing a few 'friends,' like 'Bruno' from Cinderella, 'Philippe' from Beauty & the Beast, and Khan from 'Mulan.' And....Maximus from Tangled/Rapunzel is VERY upset he's so tiny and short, compared to Sitron and Samson, so I've bought a larger horse to modify into Maximus, so he won't be angry with me anymore. :) Oh, and Sven from Frozen---the plushie is just kinda too...large headed. So I am getting the Mattel 1/6 Sven but he's soooo short! I'll have to lengthen his legs or something once I get him before he can integrate into the family of Disney dolls.

So, besides those 5 'missing' characters, the rest of my collection is complete! Once I finish those aforementioned five friends, I'll update this page with photos, including them as well. ^^

For the Princes, I rebodied almost all 13 onto Mattel Fashionista and HT jointed bodies (with Kristoff on the extra tall HT jointed body, Eugene on the narrow shoulder HT jointed body and Naveen on the almost extra tall and muscular body) so they would be more svelte and princely. The Disney Store heads are lovely but the bodies are....yech and don't look good in the outfits or with the heads. :lol:
However, since the heads are incompatible with Fashionista bodies, I had to cut/carve them all so they'd be a match to the bodies. ^^
Using apoxie sculpt to fill in gaps where necessary and lengthen all the Fashionista necks to accomodate the DS heads, I am super happy with the results! Now, they look like they should!
Additionally, I redid all the mens' faceups to be more like their animated (or CGI) counterparts and painted all their hair with metallic acrylic so as to match the gorgeous Hans and Kristoff! They came with iridescent/metallic hair which really gives them 'oomph' and almost looks 'real' in terms of 'shine' so I wanted the other 10 to match. It really helps, too!
For the princesses, I blushed them a bit, added some lashes here and there, rerooted a couple, but for the most part, left them as-is. The only one I completely redid was Elsa, because she was just awful with her factory faceup! :laughs:
They are all on 'Singing' bodies (apart from Pocahontas and Mulan who have not yet had singing 11" dolls released) so I'm totally satisfied in every way with these girls now.
I just wish the new singing bodies didn't sing with a 'swivel' of the left wrist. It's a pain! The arm isn't jointed because of the mechanism and they sing when not wanted by just posing them! The older 'button on neck' singing body is better, but for some reason, DS always seems to ditch the good methods and go for gimmicks. :shrugs:
But beggars can't be choosers and I'm just glad they're almost all singing now. (Now, if DS would just release Pocahontas and Mulan singing 11" dolls....)

Enough with the chatter, though, right?
On to the dolls!

Group shot of all 13 couples:

Now, in chronological order:

Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs - 1937

Snow White & Florian

Cinderella - 1950
Ella & Henri

Sleeping Beauty - 1959
Aurora & Phillip

The Little Mermaid - 1989
Ariel & Eric

Beauty & the Beast - 1991
Belle & Adam

Aladdin - 1992
Jasmine & Aladdin

Pocahontas - 1995
Pocahontas & John Rolfe

Mulan - 1998
Fa Mulan & Shang Li

The Princess & the Frog - 2009
Tiana & Naveen

Tangled (Rapunzel) - 2010
Rapunzel & Eugene Fitzherbert

Brave - 2012
Merida Dun Broch & Donald Dingwall

Frozen (The Snow Queen) - 2013
Anna & Kristoff Bjorgman

Elsa & Hans Westergaard
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 am, edited 13 times in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Disney Prince & Princesses - All 12 Couples & Friends

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Thank you for this! They look great!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby DollyKim » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:32 am

WOW! WOW! WOW!

For Khan look up the old Barbie horse Midnight, it's 99% there.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Shyla » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:14 am

Wow, those are gorgeous.
my tumblr
my flickr
Ciero (RS Mu), Viridia (Gem of Doll Snowy on Resinsoul Ai body), Celia (RS Sophia), Nerri (IOS Luce) and Valnar (IOS Jaguar)
Shyla
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:38 pm

What a wonderful collection! You do such good work.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks so much, everyone!! :hugs: I'm glad you like them----I've loved Disney Princesses since 1986 (when I first saw Sleeping Beauty in theatres) and finally, I've almost completed my 'collection' of 1/6 dolls and friends of them all!! (Only took almost 30 years! :laughs:)

Anyway, I just updated the pictures with new 'group shots' of Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Tangled/Rapunzel, and Frozen/Snow Queen (Anna & Kristoff) because I finished their 'friends'!

To Cinderella, I added Major the horse and Bruno the dog----I love how Bruno came out! He's so cute in a droopy kind of way! For Major, he looks better in person, but I think I should've permed/flattened his hair before I took the photos so he looks more 'realistic.' Ah well, he's still good enough, I think.

In Beauty & the Beast, I added Philippe the horse and.....Sultan the Dog Footstool!!!!! The footstool was actually made by a good friend/customer of ours who heard I wanted a Footstool but didn't know where to start, and he went ahead and made an INCREDIBLE Sultan for us as a gift!!! WOW! :D I was so thrilled and he's just gorgeous and perfect!!!!! Thank you for this wonderful gift, Aaron-san!!!! :hugs: I think I love Philippe best of all the new horses I made this session (Major, Philippe, Khan, Maximus). He's sooooooooooo cute!!!!!

For Mulan, I added Khan the horse. He was a trial because his look in Mulan is soooo stylized! I cut off his lower jaw and added that kooky lip thing that Khan has going on!

In Tangled/Rapunzel, I added a proper sized Maximus----doesn't he look grumpy?! :laughs: He came out pretty well, I think, and my sister is much happier with him now he's the right(ish) height and size compared to the dolls.

Finally, for Frozen/Snow Queen (Anna & Kristoff set), I made a custom 1/6 Sven the reindeer! I took a Ty Beanie Babies head and sewed it onto a 13" Sven Disney Store body! NOW he's pretty accurate!! YAY!!! (And so cute to boot!)

For me, that only really leaves a Marshmallow for the Elsa & Hans set but so far, I can only find 13" plushies of him. He'd need to be at least 18-20" to be realistic, so I'm holding out for a giant Marshmallow plushie. If not, then I'll probably eventually make one. ^^

And.....now that I've seen 'Brave' and saw that Merida DOES have prince options, I decided to go ahead and add her to the lineup. ^^ So, this week, I've been Merida shopping!!! :laughs:

I'm putting together her collection now and will post the photos once I'm done. Wish me luck with the custom Wee Dingwall! ^.~ (My sis and I decided on him for 3 reasons:

1)He actually hit the target with the bow & arrow (for whatever reason)
2)He is in the mini 'movie' bonus that's on the dvd where he visits the witch/wise woman and is the only one seen there---like he's 'special'
3)At the end of the film, he's seen kissing Merida's arm up and down all the way

I myself would've preferred Young MacIntosh but he really showed disdain for Merida and not really even the slightest interest in her, so....

It's gonna be Wee Dingwall! (How I'm going to make him even remotely attractive, I have no idea.....but the dolls are to be set a few years from the film, so maybe he has a growth and good looks spurt?! Ha ha!)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Anderson'sAllPurpose » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Whoa, that's an awesome collection.
dollieh pics|old dollieh rants|ALL NEW dollieh rants
OMG, I can't believe I'm almost 11 and still play with Barbie dolls! If anyone find out I'm gonna die!!!1!
- my diary, c. 1991

...How long has that "s" in my signature been missing? - me, 2016
Anderson'sAllPurpose
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Thank you, Anderson'sAllPurpose-san!!!! :) I'm glad you like them!!!!!

I have one more set to update to the gallery---'Brave' set, plus I redid Elsa gown (AGAIN!) and made Hans a matching 'King' outfit, so I'll be posting those in the next few weeks or so.

I just wish I could find a giant sized Marshmallow plush first....
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:49 pm

Wow! Great job!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Tealove » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 pm

These are really incredible. I love all the customized horses. They're perfect.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/6 Scale