Go to footer

Princess Aurora 17" Limited Edition Doll (in Purple)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Princess Aurora 17" Limited Edition Doll (in Purple)

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:01 pm

We finally had a chance to remake the gown in purple for my LE 17" Aurora doll!!!

I love how in the stained glass window scene in the Kingdom Hearts game, Aurora is wearing purple! It always seemed to me that since Flora wanted pink and Merryweather wanted blue, then when they combined, it should be purple! A perfect compromise---and after all, blue and pink....make purple! :)

She has the same face mold/sculpt as the previous 17" Singing Aurora dolls, but she's got more details, iridescent golden strands in her hair and of course, a gorgeous 'designer' bejeweled gown! However, since the gown was pink (and I really don't like the pink), my sister and I decided to make it purple!!! It came out really well and I'm so happy with her now!!!!! She's #136 of 5000, so I am lucky to get a low numbered doll! (Although, now that I've defaced her, making her purple, I guess she's pretty worthless to collectors but to me, she's priceless! I never resell my Sleeping Beauty dolls anyway, so... ^^)

She's one of my absolute favorite Aurora dolls---I just wish her lips were redder ("lips red as the rose"---she's only got pale pink lips! I want to repaint them but I've noticed whenever I paint red lips onto vinyl dolls, it bleeds all over the area within 6 months. I've even tried it with sealant and varnish first, thinking that'd solve the 'bleed' but nope! After the 6 months or so, she'll look like she's smeared red makeup all over her lips and side lips and under and above, so I don't want to risk it for the LE doll. I have found that fuschia isn't bad and doesn't 'bleed' out after awhile, so I might get up some courage to touch her lips into at least a darker pink color! That might help)

Anyway, on to the photos!

I also bought the matching Prince Phillip 18" Limited Edition doll, but his box was damaged when I received him so Disney Store is kindly replacing him for me! They're such an awesome store, and really care about their customers!! :)
Once I get a new one back, I'll get his photos taken and posted here, too. ^^
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Princess Aurora 17" Limited Edition Doll (in Purple)

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Gorgeous! Another great job! Disney needs to hire you to design purple gowns for her.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:24 pm

The dress looks gorgeous!
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AquaMight » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:44 pm

She looks so beautiful, you altered the gown so perfectly!

I actually went Christmas shopping last weekend and was surprised to see she and the blue version are still in stock. I ended up getting the pink version for my niece.
AquaMight
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby shiftyraccoon » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:57 am

So I joined this forum JUST to say you're work on Aurora is beautiful. Best dress I've seen on a Disney doll :) !!!
shiftyraccoon
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks sooooo much for your kind comments, kenaiqueen, ShortnCuddlyAm and AquaMight!!! That means a lot to me that you like her so much!! :)

And, shiftyraccoon----oh my!!!! Your comment just made my day--no, scratch that, my WEEK!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to join just to say that! :cries: Thank you! You're the best!!!!!

Thanks again to you all!!!!!!! :) And Happy Happy Easter!!!!!!!!

:hugs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:30 pm

It's stunning. So many beautiful details, it's remarkable. Disney needs you.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby maywong » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 am

Nice job!
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby shiftyraccoon » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:12 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Thanks sooooo much for your kind comments, kenaiqueen, ShortnCuddlyAm and AquaMight!!! That means a lot to me that you like her so much!! :)

And, shiftyraccoon----oh my!!!! Your comment just made my day--no, scratch that, my WEEK!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to join just to say that! :cries: Thank you! You're the best!!!!!

Thanks again to you all!!!!!!! :) And Happy Happy Easter!!!!!!!!

:hugs:

Wish I could do something the same, can't even work a sewing machine and my hand sewing skills are a little... rough? lol
shiftyraccoon
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Arkinlae » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Gorgeous job! All the little details are just perfect, and I think you may have solved the reason why Aurora dolls have never sat well with me, the red lips missing!
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale